2 cases of bank fraud filed by EOW in 3 days
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The Economic Offences Wing (EOW) of the Chandigarh Police has registered two cases of bank fraud in three days. In both cases, the accused had produced false documents to get loans sanctioned.
In a case which was registered by the Police Station Sector 3, Arvinder Pal Singh, a manager of HDFC bank, Sector 8 branch had given a complaint to the police that Anandjit Singh Dhiman and Satish Kumar Dhiman, both working as stenographers in the office of Registrar, Punjab and Haryana High Court had cheated the bank of a total of Rs 26.5 lakh.
According to the complaint, the accused had taken a loan from the HDFC Housing Deployment Finance Corporation Limited, Sector 8 against a house.
However, the accused did not pay the loan. When the bank officials went to take possession of the house for auction, it came to light that the house was already acquired.
"The accused did not reveal the fact that the land against which the loan was to be taken had already been mortgaged and eventually acquired," said DSP EOW, Ram Chander Meena.
Another case was registered by the Sector 34 police station on April 9 which was transferred to EOW. In this case, the UT Police has booked eight persons who had allegedly submitted fake documents for getting loans sanctioned from Axis Bank, Sector 34 branch. The Deputy Manager of the bank had made a complaint according to which the forgery came into light after the arrest of one of the accused, Vishal Jaiswal, a resident of Sector 15.
"Vishal was arrested by the UT Police after he had allegedly committed a similar crime with the ICICI bank. Following his arrest, the Axis Bank authorities checked the documents submitted by him and found them to be fake," said DSP Meena.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express