2 children among three burnt to death inside car
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
Three members of a Seemapuri family died and three were injured, one of them critically, when a Maruti Swift car caught fire at GTB Enclave in Tahirpur, Northeast Delhi, at 10.45 pm on Tuesday.
Police said brothers Shanib (14) and Arish (11) died in the blaze. Their aunt Shahin (25) was also charred to death. The father of Shanib and Arish, Anwar (35), received 15 per cent burns in the incident.
Anwar's daughter, Aryia (2), also received 15 per cent burns. Shabnam (30), reported to be a relative of Anwar, is in the hospital with 40 per cent burns.
All the occupants of the car were taken to Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital in Dilshad Garden. Sources said the occupants were on their way to a wedding party, when the car caught fire. It is not clear what triggered the blaze.
"While three persons were brought dead to the hospital, the others have been admitted in the burns ward. Of those admitted, one is critical with 40 per cent burns, while the other two have 15 per cent burns," a senior medical officer at GTB Hospital said.
According to a Fire official, "A fire tender was rushed to the spot. Details about the cause of the fire are still awaited, but three deaths have been confirmed."