2 children among three burnt to death inside car
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
Three members of a Seemapuri family died and three were injured, one of them critically, when a Maruti Swift car caught fire at GTB Enclave in Tahirpur, Northeast Delhi, at 10.45 pm on Tuesday.
Police said brothers Shanib (14) and Arish (11) died in the blaze. Their aunt Shahin (25) was also charred to death. The father of Shanib and Arish, Anwar (35), received 15 per cent burns in the incident.
Anwar's daughter, Aryia (2), also received 15 per cent burns. Shabnam (30), reported to be a relative of Anwar, is in the hospital with 40 per cent burns.
All the occupants of the car were taken to Guru Teg Bahadur Hospital in Dilshad Garden. Sources said the occupants were on their way to a wedding party, when the car caught fire. It is not clear what triggered the blaze.
"While three persons were brought dead to the hospital, the others have been admitted in the burns ward. Of those admitted, one is critical with 40 per cent burns, while the other two have 15 per cent burns," a senior medical officer at GTB Hospital said.
According to a Fire official, "A fire tender was rushed to the spot. Details about the cause of the fire are still awaited, but three deaths have been confirmed."