2 cops shifted hours after model code imposed
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
Within hours of the Election Commission imposing the model code of conduct for the upcoming byelection in Moga, the two senior police officers were served transfer orders. As per the orders received late on Friday, SP Bahadur Singh and DSP (city) Gurvinder Singh Sangha were transferred to Faridkot and Muktsar respectively. Bahadur will be replaced by Dilbag Singh while Gurdip Singh will take charge as DSP (city) in Moga. SSP, Surjit Singh Grewal refused to comment on the reasons why the two officers were transferred immediately after the model code was imposed.