2 cops shifted hours after model code imposed
- Arvind Kejriwal calls 'emergency' Assembly session to discuss Centre's notification on Lt Governor's role
- Celebrations in AIADMK camp as Jayalalithaa becomes Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- No full statehood rights to Delhi unless there is consensus, says Arun Jaitley
- Gujjar protest to continue as talks with Rajasthan govt fail
- Heat wave toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana reaches 223
Within hours of the Election Commission imposing the model code of conduct for the upcoming byelection in Moga, the two senior police officers were served transfer orders. As per the orders received late on Friday, SP Bahadur Singh and DSP (city) Gurvinder Singh Sangha were transferred to Faridkot and Muktsar respectively. Bahadur will be replaced by Dilbag Singh while Gurdip Singh will take charge as DSP (city) in Moga. SSP, Surjit Singh Grewal refused to comment on the reasons why the two officers were transferred immediately after the model code was imposed.