2 Delhi gangrape accused say they were not on bus
- Will reach out to 'muslim' brothers, address Ram Temple issue: Modi
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- CJI bars advocate's entry in SC for 6 months for sexual harrassment
- April 22 Campaign roundup: Modi hurls a 'khooni panja' at Cong, says its responsible for 1100 lives in Telangana
- IPL 7: It's that man Glenn Maxwell again
Claiming that they were "falsely implicated" by the Delhi Police in the December 16 gangrape case, two accused on Thursday told the special fast-track court of ASJ Yogesh Khanna that they were not on the bus in which the 23-year-old medical student was gangraped and her friend assaulted.
Accused Vinay Sharma submitted an application before the court stating that he and co-accused Pawan Gupta were at a music function on the night of December 16.
Two days ago, Vinay's counsel A P Singh moved an application before the court for gaining possession of his mobile phone, which was seized by police at the time of his arrest. Singh told court that Vinay's cellphone had video clippings that show that he and Pawan were at the music event, at the time of the gangrape.
"Vinay's mobile has recordings and video clips with the date and time, which establish that he and Pawan were not in the bus at the time of the incident. It is a very important evidence for the accused, as the mobile contains some exclusive information, which can prove the innocence of my client," Singh told the court, seeking permission to make a CD of the video.
He said police cannot suspect that the video was planted in the cellphone as the device had been in their custody since Vinay's arrest.
"He did not play any role in the commission of the offence, as he was neither in the bus nor was he part of the alleged incident. Police have falsely implicated Vinay in the case," Singh told the court.
The defence counsel submitted before the court that Vinay and Pawan were at a music event in a district park near RK Khanna Tennis Stadium along with "their friend". This friend could be a "crucial witness" to "prove" their innocence in the case.
- In Malda, it’s still all about Ghani Khan
- Dasmunsi’s teen son invokes father’s AIIMS dream and Rahul’s name to seek votes for mother
- Modi can take India to next level: Bedi
- IPL style event will help women’s cricket: Anjum
- ‘Accused’s friends have deposed against him’
- Exhibition takes hopeful look at dilapidated mills in city