2 die in train accidents
- David Headley connects the dots: Hafiz Saeed, ISI, failed Mumbai attacks
- David Headley: Travelled to India 8 times, changed name for passport
- Rs 1.14 lakh crore of bad debts: The great government bank write-off
- Caste came up in 3 suicide probes at Hyderabad University
- Uttar Pradesh has been turned into 'Islamic state': Sena mouthpiece on Ghulam Ali concert
Two persons, including a woman, lost their lives after being hit by trains in two separate accidents in Zirakpur and Dera Bassi.
In the first incident, Manisha, 32, a resident of Sector 19, Panchkula, was hit by a train on the Ambala-Kalka railway track at Dhakoli, Zirakpur early Sunday morning. According to Lalru Railway police incharge Rashpal they got information that a woman was lying near the railway track in Dhakoli after which they reached the spot.
The deceased was identified as Manisha, wife of Ram Karan, a resident of Panchkula. The investigations revealed that she was going to buy milk from a nearby village Kathgarh early in the morning when she was hit by a train while crossing the railway track. The body of the deceased has been sent to Civil Hospital, Dera Bassi for conducting the postmortem and inquest proceedings under Section 174 of CrPC have been initiated, said the official.
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress
- Strategies anchored in incubators fail to foster entrepreneurship
- Existing regime of film censorship is unconstitutional
- Section 377: A right to love
- PM Oli has been lucky, but his political survival looks uncertain
- Across the aisle- MGNREGA: Making a meal of words