2 die in train accidents
- SC quashes decision to include Jats in OBC category, rules caste can't be sole ground
- Day after results, Omar, Amit Shah and Ram Madhav met to explore J&K tie-up
- Neither Sonia nor Rahul ever filled such forms: Congress
- Nun gangrape case: 10 detained, Centre seeks report from WB govt
- To push land law forward, govt set to pause House
Two persons, including a woman, lost their lives after being hit by trains in two separate accidents in Zirakpur and Dera Bassi.
In the first incident, Manisha, 32, a resident of Sector 19, Panchkula, was hit by a train on the Ambala-Kalka railway track at Dhakoli, Zirakpur early Sunday morning. According to Lalru Railway police incharge Rashpal they got information that a woman was lying near the railway track in Dhakoli after which they reached the spot.
The deceased was identified as Manisha, wife of Ram Karan, a resident of Panchkula. The investigations revealed that she was going to buy milk from a nearby village Kathgarh early in the morning when she was hit by a train while crossing the railway track. The body of the deceased has been sent to Civil Hospital, Dera Bassi for conducting the postmortem and inquest proceedings under Section 174 of CrPC have been initiated, said the official.
In the other incident, an unknown person was hit by a train on Ambala-Kalka railway track in Dera Bassi on Sunday. A Railway police official said that the deceased appears to be around 18 years old. The body of the person has been kept at Civil Hospital, Dera Bassi for 72 hours for identification and further investigations are on.