2 die in train accidents
- India’s surgical strikes along LoC show intent to act strongly against terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls up Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror'
- PM Modi holds Cabinet Committee on Security meeting; Rajnath, Jaitley, Doval present
- Narendra Modi's review meet on MFN status to Pak postponed to next week
- Day after sharing terror information with Pakistan, NIA revises details
Two persons, including a woman, lost their lives after being hit by trains in two separate accidents in Zirakpur and Dera Bassi.
In the first incident, Manisha, 32, a resident of Sector 19, Panchkula, was hit by a train on the Ambala-Kalka railway track at Dhakoli, Zirakpur early Sunday morning. According to Lalru Railway police incharge Rashpal they got information that a woman was lying near the railway track in Dhakoli after which they reached the spot.
The deceased was identified as Manisha, wife of Ram Karan, a resident of Panchkula. The investigations revealed that she was going to buy milk from a nearby village Kathgarh early in the morning when she was hit by a train while crossing the railway track. The body of the deceased has been sent to Civil Hospital, Dera Bassi for conducting the postmortem and inquest proceedings under Section 174 of CrPC have been initiated, said the official.
- The emergence of Akhilesh Yadav as a popular leader is an indicator of the same-old in the SP
- Poverty caused by expenditure on health has doubled in India in the past 15 years
- India’s aggressive response to Nawaz Sharif’s lies at the UN was a clear indicator of the things to come
- Let’s not allow debate about what it means to be Indian to be held hostage to jingoists and bigots
- People, policymakers can be led by subtly influencing their choice architecture
- Edit - Defining moment