2 die in train accidents
- ASEAN Summit: PM Modi meets Chinese counterpart; discusses bilateral ties
- Congress 'anti-national', party should be 'derecognised': Sukhbir Badal
- Tejaswi Yadav takes on critics, says don't judge a book by its cover
- Sheena Bora murder case: Charges against Peter Mukerjea outrageous, says son Rahul Mukerjea
- AAP sends invite to dissident Shanti Bhushan for NC meet
Two persons, including a woman, lost their lives after being hit by trains in two separate accidents in Zirakpur and Dera Bassi.
In the first incident, Manisha, 32, a resident of Sector 19, Panchkula, was hit by a train on the Ambala-Kalka railway track at Dhakoli, Zirakpur early Sunday morning. According to Lalru Railway police incharge Rashpal they got information that a woman was lying near the railway track in Dhakoli after which they reached the spot.
The deceased was identified as Manisha, wife of Ram Karan, a resident of Panchkula. The investigations revealed that she was going to buy milk from a nearby village Kathgarh early in the morning when she was hit by a train while crossing the railway track. The body of the deceased has been sent to Civil Hospital, Dera Bassi for conducting the postmortem and inquest proceedings under Section 174 of CrPC have been initiated, said the official.