2 held for trying to molest foreigner
- Fake degree row: Jitender Singh Tomar passing law examination confirmed, say officials
- 25 electrocuted, 30 injured after high tension wire falls on bus in Rajasthan
- ISIS, Pak flags waved in Srinagar, police registers FIR
- Bombay HC refuses to grant relief to Nestle, ban on Maggi to continue
- Delhi: Power tariff hiked by up to 6 per cent, to come into effect from Monday
Two engineering students on Tuesday were arrested by the Chandigarh Police for trying to outrage the modesty of a foreign national.
The incident happened at 2.30 am when two students, Hamif Muteb, 26, and Zainab, 23 — both natives of Uganda — were going to the latter's residence. The two accused, Karan and Mandeep, came in a car and tried to outrage Zainab's modesty.
When Hamif tried to stop them, an argument ensued. The foreigners ignored the duo and went to Zainab's accommodation, where the accused followed them and threw stones at them.
Soon thereafter, the victims alerted the police, which caught the accused after a chase. Later, they were booked for criminal intimidation and an attempt to outrage the modesty of a woman.
Both the foreign nationals are students of BBA at a private institute. They were made to go through a medical examination as Hamif suffered injuries on his right arm when the accused threw stones at them.
As per the police, Karan and Mandeep are engineering students at a Landra college and live in Sector 40-C. Karan was recently released on bail after he was booked on charge of attempt to murder.
A medical examination of the accused was conducted at Government Multi-Speciality Hospital, Sector 16.