2 held for trying to molest foreigner
- Aamir Khan responds, says 'Proud to be Indian, stand by what I said'
- GST is in the interest of the nation, says PM Modi at all-party meet
- Rescued Russian pilot says no warning from Turkey before jet downed
- 'Suit boot ki sarkar' is failing because there are no jobs: Rahul Gandhi
- BJP strategy in Parliament: Aggression is the best form of defense
Two engineering students on Tuesday were arrested by the Chandigarh Police for trying to outrage the modesty of a foreign national.
The incident happened at 2.30 am when two students, Hamif Muteb, 26, and Zainab, 23 — both natives of Uganda — were going to the latter's residence. The two accused, Karan and Mandeep, came in a car and tried to outrage Zainab's modesty.
When Hamif tried to stop them, an argument ensued. The foreigners ignored the duo and went to Zainab's accommodation, where the accused followed them and threw stones at them.
Soon thereafter, the victims alerted the police, which caught the accused after a chase. Later, they were booked for criminal intimidation and an attempt to outrage the modesty of a woman.
Both the foreign nationals are students of BBA at a private institute. They were made to go through a medical examination as Hamif suffered injuries on his right arm when the accused threw stones at them.
As per the police, Karan and Mandeep are engineering students at a Landra college and live in Sector 40-C. Karan was recently released on bail after he was booked on charge of attempt to murder.
A medical examination of the accused was conducted at Government Multi-Speciality Hospital, Sector 16.
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?
- Telescope: Aamir and Chinese whispers
- What Manmohan Singh really think about the Planning Commission?
- Going solar
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it