2 houses report fire incidents
- Ashutosh, Shazia Ilmi taken for questioning over clashes with BJP
- I am more qualified for PM post than Narendra Modi: Nitish Kumar
- Doctors in UP call off strike after Allahabad HC's intervention
- Ukraine crisis: Crimea sets referendum on whether to join Russia
- SC adjourns Centreâs plea restraining TN from releasing Rajiv killers till March 26
Chandigarh:The UT police reported a fire in a house in Sarangpur Village on the night of November 10. Priya, wife of a plumber Manoj, was boiling milk on a kerosene stove when there was a leak in the kerosene and it caught fire. Priya had 40 per cent burns and was taken to PGI. In another incident on November 11 evening, an Indian Gas cylinder caught fire in the house of a Ram Darbar resident, Dawood. His wife suffered minor burns. There was no major loss to property.
Man dies outside daughter's exam hall
Chandigarh:The UT police on Sunday reported that Gopi Ram, a resident of Hissar died while waiting for his daughter outside SD College, Sector 32. According to the other parents waiting, Gopi Ram fell to the ground and the bystanders took him to the hospital where he was reported dead on arrival. He had come from Hissar with his daughter, who was appearing for the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) examination.
Sector 21 association celebrates Diwali
Chandigarh:The Citizens' Association, Sector 21, Chandigarh celebrated Diwali on Saturday. Many area residents were present. Madan Mohan Mittal, cabinet minister, Punjab, was the chief guest. Chief Secretary Punjab R C Nayyar was also present along with Baljinder Singh Bittu, president of the association.