2 houses report fire incidents
- Aamir Khan responds, says 'Proud to be Indian, stand by what I said'
- GST is in the interest of the nation, says PM Modi at all-party meet
- Rescued Russian pilot says no warning from Turkey before jet downed
- 'Suit boot ki sarkar' is failing because there are no jobs: Rahul Gandhi
- BJP strategy in Parliament: Aggression is the best form of defense
Chandigarh:The UT police reported a fire in a house in Sarangpur Village on the night of November 10. Priya, wife of a plumber Manoj, was boiling milk on a kerosene stove when there was a leak in the kerosene and it caught fire. Priya had 40 per cent burns and was taken to PGI. In another incident on November 11 evening, an Indian Gas cylinder caught fire in the house of a Ram Darbar resident, Dawood. His wife suffered minor burns. There was no major loss to property.
Man dies outside daughter's exam hall
Chandigarh:The UT police on Sunday reported that Gopi Ram, a resident of Hissar died while waiting for his daughter outside SD College, Sector 32. According to the other parents waiting, Gopi Ram fell to the ground and the bystanders took him to the hospital where he was reported dead on arrival. He had come from Hissar with his daughter, who was appearing for the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) examination.
Sector 21 association celebrates Diwali
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?
- What Manmohan Singh really think about the Planning Commission?
- Telescope: Aamir and Chinese whispers
- Going solar
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it