2 houses report fire incidents
- Haji Ali dargah will have to open doors for women after Bombay HC ruling
- My vision for India is rapid transformation, not gradual evolution: PM Modi
- Panel works on alternative to pellets: Balls of pepper, capsicum gas
- Scorpene leak: Firms to be blacklisted only in cases of clear criminality, says Parrikar
- Sheena Bora murder: Taped conversations emerging on media submitted in court, says CBI
Chandigarh:The UT police reported a fire in a house in Sarangpur Village on the night of November 10. Priya, wife of a plumber Manoj, was boiling milk on a kerosene stove when there was a leak in the kerosene and it caught fire. Priya had 40 per cent burns and was taken to PGI. In another incident on November 11 evening, an Indian Gas cylinder caught fire in the house of a Ram Darbar resident, Dawood. His wife suffered minor burns. There was no major loss to property.
Man dies outside daughter's exam hall
Chandigarh:The UT police on Sunday reported that Gopi Ram, a resident of Hissar died while waiting for his daughter outside SD College, Sector 32. According to the other parents waiting, Gopi Ram fell to the ground and the bystanders took him to the hospital where he was reported dead on arrival. He had come from Hissar with his daughter, who was appearing for the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) examination.
Sector 21 association celebrates Diwali
- In Kashmir, so-called solutions are riddled with contradictions and divisions
- Why personal, social and political self-identification of Dalits must count more than legal nomenclature.
- The draft surrogacy bill violates the fundamental right of people to choose modes of parenthood
- Realpolitik drives Myanmar’s outreach to India and China
- Epidemics in India are seldom followed by a long-term response
- Pakistan army has a battle to win: The corruption within