2 hurt as building caves in near Damoria bridge
- Government issues high alert, says Islamic State expanding area of terror
- Putin vows to hunt down those who bombed Russian plane in Egypt
- Mani Shankar Aiyar to Pakistan channel: Remove Modi for talks to resume
- Chittoor Mayor shot dead while trying to save husband
- Hyderabad nursery student dies after head gets stuck in school lift
A building near Damoria bridge collapsed on Tuesday morning due to dust storms and rainfall.
The building belonged to Jagdish Lal, 56, who had a small shop of auto spare parts in the front portion while the upper portion was rented out.
Sudesh Kumar, the brother of Lal, and his son Varun were injured when the building collapsed. While the former suffered head injury, his son got his shoulder injured.
Lal told Ludhiana Newsline, "The building was very old and weak, and we told the tenant a number of times to remove heavy hoardings from it but he never listened to us. Moreover, we are already fighting a property dispute for the building due to some old issues."
- Europe’s challenge: Find a political solution to the quagmire in West Asia
- Surrogacy isn’t morally reprehensible, surrogates should be seen as workers
- One world, one battlefield
- With five states polling soon, the great Indian election will continue without recess
- Why Stockholm punches above its weight in innovation and entrepreneurship
- Responses to Mumbai, Paris attacks were strikingly different. But India has learnt since