2 hurt as building caves in near Damoria bridge
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Cong gave birth to child but killed the mother, says Modi on Telangana
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL spot fixing: Do you want to probe charges against Srinivasan? SC asks Justice Mudgal panel
- Hate speeches: Petty statements by those claiming to be BJP well wishers deviating poll campaign, says Modi
A building near Damoria bridge collapsed on Tuesday morning due to dust storms and rainfall.
The building belonged to Jagdish Lal, 56, who had a small shop of auto spare parts in the front portion while the upper portion was rented out.
Sudesh Kumar, the brother of Lal, and his son Varun were injured when the building collapsed. While the former suffered head injury, his son got his shoulder injured.
Lal told Ludhiana Newsline, "The building was very old and weak, and we told the tenant a number of times to remove heavy hoardings from it but he never listened to us. Moreover, we are already fighting a property dispute for the building due to some old issues."
"We have already consulted our lawyer and made fresh allegations against the tenant for installing heavy hoardings despite warning. All our cycles and scooters which came for repair are destroyed in the collapse. Actual loss is yet to be assessed,'' said Varun.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready