2 hurt as building caves in near Damoria bridge
- Modi in US: PM meets media magnates; promises protection to Intellectual Property Rights
- Mecca stampede: Saudi blames heat, Iran says own responsibility
- Sourav Ganguly appointed chief of Cricket Association of Bengal
- Muzaffarnagar riots: SP, BJP in blame game over commission's report
- Gujarat HC slams Hardik Patel, his lawyer for midnight petition
A building near Damoria bridge collapsed on Tuesday morning due to dust storms and rainfall.
The building belonged to Jagdish Lal, 56, who had a small shop of auto spare parts in the front portion while the upper portion was rented out.
Sudesh Kumar, the brother of Lal, and his son Varun were injured when the building collapsed. While the former suffered head injury, his son got his shoulder injured.
Lal told Ludhiana Newsline, "The building was very old and weak, and we told the tenant a number of times to remove heavy hoardings from it but he never listened to us. Moreover, we are already fighting a property dispute for the building due to some old issues."