2 hurt as building caves in near Damoria bridge
- LIVE: ISI supports LeT, JeM and Hizbul, David Headley tells court
- J&K govt formation: Ram Madhav to hold talks with Mehbooba Mufti to break impasse
- Soldier, who survived Siachen avalanche, being flown to Delhi hospital
- DDCA row: Delhi HC dismisses Kirti Azad's plea seeking court-monitored probe
- Net bad assets of govt banks a third of their net worth
A building near Damoria bridge collapsed on Tuesday morning due to dust storms and rainfall.
The building belonged to Jagdish Lal, 56, who had a small shop of auto spare parts in the front portion while the upper portion was rented out.
Sudesh Kumar, the brother of Lal, and his son Varun were injured when the building collapsed. While the former suffered head injury, his son got his shoulder injured.
Lal told Ludhiana Newsline, "The building was very old and weak, and we told the tenant a number of times to remove heavy hoardings from it but he never listened to us. Moreover, we are already fighting a property dispute for the building due to some old issues."