2 IIT-Kanpur students get Rs 1.20 cr package
- Malaysia Airlines plane may have turned back before vanishing, says Air force chief
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress
- Varanasi seat row: RSS worried but believes BJP will solve it
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Venkaiah Naidu
Two students of Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur got Rs 1.20 cr package during the ongoing placement drive. The drive started Sunday would continue till December 22, the IIT sources said.
Two students have got the highest package of Rs 1.20 crore per annum from IT giant Oracle. While 76 others got a package between Rs 8 lakh to 24 lakh per annum from different companies, they added.
Around 50 companies have already participated in the placement process, IIT-Kanpur placement cell chairman Vimal Kumar said, adding that 200 more companies are expected to come.
Kumar, however refused to provide details of the salary packages being offered to students.
The big companies including Google, Oracle, Mitsubishi, Amazon, Citi Bank and Microsoft have conducted interviews and given offer letters to around 76 students Monday.
A total of 180 students got their offer letters till Tuesday.
Around 1,100 BTech, MTech, MBA and MSc students have registered in the placement cell for jobs, IIT Kanpur sources said.