2 IIT-Kanpur students get Rs 1.20 cr package
- Congress says Togadia spreading venom; EC seeks recording of alleged hate speech
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs DD: DD draw first blood, McCullum departs early
Two students of Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur got Rs 1.20 cr package during the ongoing placement drive. The drive started Sunday would continue till December 22, the IIT sources said.
Two students have got the highest package of Rs 1.20 crore per annum from IT giant Oracle. While 76 others got a package between Rs 8 lakh to 24 lakh per annum from different companies, they added.
Around 50 companies have already participated in the placement process, IIT-Kanpur placement cell chairman Vimal Kumar said, adding that 200 more companies are expected to come.
Kumar, however refused to provide details of the salary packages being offered to students.
The big companies including Google, Oracle, Mitsubishi, Amazon, Citi Bank and Microsoft have conducted interviews and given offer letters to around 76 students Monday.
A total of 180 students got their offer letters till Tuesday.
Around 1,100 BTech, MTech, MBA and MSc students have registered in the placement cell for jobs, IIT Kanpur sources said.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota