2 killed, 3 hurt in road mishap near Halol
- Finally, the axe falls: AAP expels Prashant Bhushan, Yogendra Yadav and 2 others for ‘anti-party’ activities
- SC refuses to dismiss National Green Tribunal's ban on 15-year-old vehicles in Delhi
- In House, land line gives Congress a Rahul recharge
- The Failing Fields: Wheat crop damaged, only seeds of discord at Punjab’s mega mandi
- Two ‘Pak’ boats with heroin seized near Gujarat, 8 held
Two persons, including a Gruh Rakshak, were killed and three others injured when an auto-rickshaw (chhakdo) in which they were travelling rammed into a public transport bus from behind at Vejalpur village in the Panchmahals district Sunday.
The Vejalpur police said the driver of the auto-rickshaw lost controlle of his vehicle and crashed into the Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation (GSRTC) bus on the Vejalpur-Kalol road around 9 am.
Rajunath Madari, a resident of Vejalpur, was killed on the spot while Gruh Rakshak Govind Chauhan, attached to the Vejaplur police, succumed to his injuries in the Godhra Civil Hospital.
The injured were also admitted to the Godhra hospital, said sub-inspector Harish Pallacharya. "As the bus slowed down to drop students of an educational institute, the auto-rickshaw rammed into the bus. The auto driver fled the spot," Pallacharya said.
The bus was on its way to Pavagadh in the Panchmahals district from Balasinor in Kheda, police said.