2 killed, 3 hurt in road mishap near Halol
- In Dadri, BJP's Sangeet Som accuses UP govt of framing innocent men for lynching incident
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says doctor
- Shashank Manohar unanimously elected as new BCCI president
- Non-declarants of foreign assets to be tried under black money law: FM
- Bihar polls: 130 candidates with serious criminal charges to contest in first phase
Two persons, including a Gruh Rakshak, were killed and three others injured when an auto-rickshaw (chhakdo) in which they were travelling rammed into a public transport bus from behind at Vejalpur village in the Panchmahals district Sunday.
The Vejalpur police said the driver of the auto-rickshaw lost controlle of his vehicle and crashed into the Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation (GSRTC) bus on the Vejalpur-Kalol road around 9 am.
Rajunath Madari, a resident of Vejalpur, was killed on the spot while Gruh Rakshak Govind Chauhan, attached to the Vejaplur police, succumed to his injuries in the Godhra Civil Hospital.
The injured were also admitted to the Godhra hospital, said sub-inspector Harish Pallacharya. "As the bus slowed down to drop students of an educational institute, the auto-rickshaw rammed into the bus. The auto driver fled the spot," Pallacharya said.