2 killed as truck falls on cab
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Two persons were killed in Vikhroli Thursday after a speeding truck negotiating a turn fell on on their parked taxi, police said. The truck driver, Mahesh Das (23) was arrested. Police said the truck was heading to Mahul in Chembur. Around 8 am, Das took a sharp right turn on the Airoli-Mulund Link Bridge on Eastern Express Highway.
"The taxi, a Toyota Etios, was parked at the turn. The driver and a passenger were inside, waiting for another passenger," said senior inspector Mahipat Indalkar.
Police identified the deceased as Jaspal Obhan (51), the taxi driver, and passenger Pranali Mithbawkar,
(40), who lived in Airoli.
Mithbawkar was headed to Govandi.
"Das was transporting tyres and the weight of the cargo could have caused the accident," said Indalkar.