2 men held for duping 6 people
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
Kothrud police have arrested two brothers for allegedly duping at least six persons to the tune of Rs 16 lakh by assuring them jobs in the health department in Satara.
Police suspect these arrests are the tip of the iceberg and that more people who have been duped, will come to the fore.
The incident came to light after Dattatrey Kulkarni, 34, approached cops with the complaint about Aditya Malavade, his brother Ritesh and father Sanjay, all residents of Maharashtra Society.
Sub-inspector S Salunkhe who is investigating the case said, "We have arrested two brothers. Sanjay is still absconding. We have come to know that the suspects have a business of supplying building material.
"They approached some people assuring them jobs in the health department in Satara. They have taken about Rs 3 lakh from each candidate."
After Kulkarni's complaint, Kothrud police arrested Aditya and Ritesh.