2 men held for duping 6 people
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Kothrud police have arrested two brothers for allegedly duping at least six persons to the tune of Rs 16 lakh by assuring them jobs in the health department in Satara.
Police suspect these arrests are the tip of the iceberg and that more people who have been duped, will come to the fore.
The incident came to light after Dattatrey Kulkarni, 34, approached cops with the complaint about Aditya Malavade, his brother Ritesh and father Sanjay, all residents of Maharashtra Society.
Sub-inspector S Salunkhe who is investigating the case said, "We have arrested two brothers. Sanjay is still absconding. We have come to know that the suspects have a business of supplying building material.
"They approached some people assuring them jobs in the health department in Satara. They have taken about Rs 3 lakh from each candidate."
After Kulkarni's complaint, Kothrud police arrested Aditya and Ritesh.