2 men held for duping 6 people
- Amit Shah moves HC against FIRs on hate speeches
- Defiant Azam Khan stands by Kargil won by Muslim soldiers remark, gets EC notice
- Lok Sabha elections: Polling ends in Nagaland, Manipur, Meghalaya, Arunachal
- SC refrains from staying government move to include Jats in OBC category
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Due to the dynastic politics, people continue to live the way they did under Mughals, says Modi
Kothrud police have arrested two brothers for allegedly duping at least six persons to the tune of Rs 16 lakh by assuring them jobs in the health department in Satara.
Police suspect these arrests are the tip of the iceberg and that more people who have been duped, will come to the fore.
The incident came to light after Dattatrey Kulkarni, 34, approached cops with the complaint about Aditya Malavade, his brother Ritesh and father Sanjay, all residents of Maharashtra Society.
Sub-inspector S Salunkhe who is investigating the case said, "We have arrested two brothers. Sanjay is still absconding. We have come to know that the suspects have a business of supplying building material.
"They approached some people assuring them jobs in the health department in Satara. They have taken about Rs 3 lakh from each candidate."
After Kulkarni's complaint, Kothrud police arrested Aditya and Ritesh.
- Walmart to launch 50 stores in big India push
- Poojary banking on ‘sympathy’ for Dakshina Kannada seat
- Solution to water woes key factor in Chikkaballapur
- Eying 85 pc turnout, election dept offers many sops
- Last day, last show: Parties flex muscles, try to connect with one & all
- From societies to slums, Adhalrao-Patil on the move