2 men stabbed outside gurdwara in California
- Rafale deal: India sign agreement with France to acquire 36 fighter jets
- Subrata Roy set to go back to Tihar jail; SC declines to extend parole
- Explained: Restricting Pakistan's access to Indus easier said than done
- MNS-affiliate sets 48-hour deadline for Pakistani artists to leave India
- BJP-BDJS alliance in Kerala on verge of collapse hints leader
Two men have been stabbed outside a gurdwara in California and more than a dozen people pepper-sprayed in violent clashes that broke out between two groups over a power struggle to control the shrine.
According to an eyewitness, violence erupted outside the Tierra Buena Gurdwara in Yuba City of California at about 6:45 pm (local time) yesterday when the meeting of its board of directors ended and some of the directors were leaving the parking lot.
Clashes erupted outside the gurdwara apparently due to a power struggle between two groups on having the control over the religious place.
Two men were stabbed in the incident while more than a dozen others were pepper-sprayed, witnesses said.
No arrest has been made so far, as the incident is currently being investigated, the Sutter County Sheriff's Department said.
Details of the incident were not available as the matter was under investigation.
The board members leaving the parking lot were apparently confronted by a group of men and attacked with shovels, broom handles and sticks, as two groups of over 30 people clashed with each other. Later both sides claimed that they were attacked by the other group.
The ugly event last evening is the latest chapter in the power struggle for the gurdwara.
- In both India and Pakistan, war and peace are used to make political gains
- PM Modi’s strategy of escalation vis a vis Pak seems like a gamble, but not without calculation.
- Describing soldiers who died in Uri as martyrs does them a disservice
- Claiming Shahabuddin is irrelevant in Nitish Kumar’s Bihar sidesteps the truth
- Deendayal Upadhyaya transformed the Jana Sangh into a cadre party.
- Pakistan and India must get together to isolate the Kashmir issue