2 men stabbed outside gurdwara in California
- Top BJP ministers attend RSS meet, Opposition questions govt's accountability
- Bharat bandh: Violence, arrest, chaos; one-day strike a 'grand success'
- Indrani, Peter brought face to face, questioned extensively; Sanjeev Khanna's laptop seized
- OROP: Veterans soften stand, may accept pension revision once in two years
- Govt to auction 69 oil & gas fields of ONGC, Oil India to private firms
Two men have been stabbed outside a gurdwara in California and more than a dozen people pepper-sprayed in violent clashes that broke out between two groups over a power struggle to control the shrine.
According to an eyewitness, violence erupted outside the Tierra Buena Gurdwara in Yuba City of California at about 6:45 pm (local time) yesterday when the meeting of its board of directors ended and some of the directors were leaving the parking lot.
Clashes erupted outside the gurdwara apparently due to a power struggle between two groups on having the control over the religious place.
Two men were stabbed in the incident while more than a dozen others were pepper-sprayed, witnesses said.
No arrest has been made so far, as the incident is currently being investigated, the Sutter County Sheriff's Department said.
Details of the incident were not available as the matter was under investigation.
The board members leaving the parking lot were apparently confronted by a group of men and attacked with shovels, broom handles and sticks, as two groups of over 30 people clashed with each other. Later both sides claimed that they were attacked by the other group.
The ugly event last evening is the latest chapter in the power struggle for the gurdwara.