2 more arrested for attack on hotelier Shetty
- Nitish trying to cheat Bihar, says Modi; CM replies PM disturbed with falling Sensex, GDP
- Manipur violence: Toll up to eight, three killed in police firing
- India script history, register first series win in Sri Lanka after 22 years
- Sheena, Mikhail my children, ready to undergo DNA test: Siddharth Das
- Market loses its nerve on weak GDP, Sensex tumbles 587 points
The Mumbai Police Crime Branch property cell has arrested two more people, Deepak Upadhyay and Talvinder Singh alias Sonu, in connection with the near-fatal attack on hotelier B R Shetty outside Infiniti Mall in Andheri on October 4.
The cell had earlier arrested Rohit Thangappan alias Satish Kalia, a known aide of gangster Chhota Rajan and an accused of murdering MiD-DAY journalist J Dey in Powai on June 11, 2011, property dealer Nityanand Nayak and Selvan Daniel.
"Upadhyay fired three rounds at Shetty, while Sonu drove the motorbike they used to flee to Uttar Pradesh, where they stayed for a few days in a rented room before moving to Ludhiana. In Ludhiana, they rented another room for 15 days after which they went to Jalandhar," said an officer.
On Sunday, police received a tip-off and sent a team to Jalandhar. Upadhyay and Singh were arrested Monday. The team will reach Mumbai Wednesday night with the accused on transit remand.