2 more Vaghela loyalists join BJP
- Justice K T Thomas quits as head of Lokpal search panel
- Sharing stage with Paswan, Modi attacks Nitish Kumar
- India's vote on UN resolution against Sri Lanka over war crimes to depend on draft text
- Supreme Court directs Centre, states to stop discrimination against HIV+ kids
- Judge among 11 dead in Pakistan court in alleged suicide attack
Two more loyalists of Congress election campaign committee chairman Shankarsinh Vaghela joined the BJP on Thursday. Former minister in the Vaghela government Madhubhai Thakore and former Ahmedabad district panchayat president Nilaba Chauhan and a retried additional collector joined the saffron party.
Felicitating them, BJP national vice-president Purshottam Rupala said it was rather home coming for Thakore and others as they were part of the BJP in the past.
On his return to the BJP, Thakore said, "I had some differences in the past due to which I had left the BJP, but now that those things have been sorted out, I have returned to my home."