2 Mumbai drug peddlers held in city, search on for local kingpin
- Independence Day Narendra Modi speech LIVE: PM addresses price rise to progress
- Narendra Modi speech Independence Day 2016: Transparency seems to be highlight, says processes simplified
- CRPF officer killed as militants attack police station in Srinagar
- Rio Olympics 2016: Dipa Karmakar's Produnova does India proud
- Narendra Modi’s Independence Day speech packs a few subtle hints after the hard messages
The anti-narcotics cell of Pune police crime branch arrested two drug peddlers who had allegedly come from Mumbai to supply brown sugar to their Pune aide Ali Lalmohammed Saudagar. Police suspect that Saudagar is a key link in the brown sugar trade in the city.
Acting on a tip-off, a police team led by inspector Sunil Tambe laid a trap to nab Saudagar near Shoppers Stop Mall near Patil Estate slums in Shivajinagar on Thursday. Saudagar saw the police team and managed to escape from the spot. Police, however, arrested Mukhtar Ali Hussain Shaikh (24) and Iqbal Abukalam Shaikh (24), both residents of Mankhurd in Mumbai.
Police have seized 290 grams of brown sugar, a car, cell phones and some cash, all worth Rs 8 lakh from the suspects.
- Indians are more free than when the British left, but less free than what the framers of our Constitution hoped us to be.
- Gujarat Dalits’ move to quit ‘menial jobs’ in protest has a precedent in UP
- Ravana in Uttar Pradesh: Nayanjot Lahiri
- PM Modi needs to move from slogans to action to transform agriculture
- Nepal: The politician-activist-donor nexus dominates the appointment of judges
- To his successor, and to the PM and the government, Dr Rajan has left valuable messages