2 murder convicts fight with sepoy
- Why didn't Pak raise Kashmir at Ufa: Rajnath on cancellation of NSA talks
- Still No.1: Usain Bolt claws back, just in time
- Narendra Modi not a liar but Rahul is, says Smriti Irani in Amethi
- OROP demand: Union Minister VK Singh's daughter joins protest at Jantar Mantar
- What is Modi trying to achieve? Kejriwal on AAP MLA's arrest
Two convicts lodged in Sabarmati Central Jail allegedly got into a scuffle with the jail sepoy on Wednesday for "not maintaining queue" at the medical store on the premises.
The incident happened inside the hospital in jail in the afternoon when the inmates were taken for a medical check up.
The inmates, identified as Rafiq Alam Parmar and Farooq alias Telli Haji Mohmmad, were convicted in a murder case in Ahmedabad. Both allegedly got into a scuffle with sepoy Manoj Vaghela under whose surveillance they were taken to the hospital.
Superintendent of Jails R S Bhagora said, "The duo got into a fight with sepoy when they were asked to stand in a queue. We had to rushed to the spot and controlled the situation. The inmates had gone to buy medicine from the store inside the prison."
The jail officials said that after the sepoy asked one of the inmates to stand in queue, he allegedly slapped him. The sepoy, in return, thrashed the inmate after which the second inmate began a fight with him.