2 murder convicts fight with sepoy
- Bihar: School director dies after mob assault over death of two students
- PM spoke about Rakhi, but neglected Muslims during 'Ramzan': Congress
- Watch video: CCTV captures Mumbai local ramming into station
- Another Vyapam scam accused dies; 24th death in the case
- Sushma's Ministry declines info under RTI on Lalit Modi's passport issue
Two convicts lodged in Sabarmati Central Jail allegedly got into a scuffle with the jail sepoy on Wednesday for "not maintaining queue" at the medical store on the premises.
The incident happened inside the hospital in jail in the afternoon when the inmates were taken for a medical check up.
The inmates, identified as Rafiq Alam Parmar and Farooq alias Telli Haji Mohmmad, were convicted in a murder case in Ahmedabad. Both allegedly got into a scuffle with sepoy Manoj Vaghela under whose surveillance they were taken to the hospital.
Superintendent of Jails R S Bhagora said, "The duo got into a fight with sepoy when they were asked to stand in a queue. We had to rushed to the spot and controlled the situation. The inmates had gone to buy medicine from the store inside the prison."
The jail officials said that after the sepoy asked one of the inmates to stand in queue, he allegedly slapped him. The sepoy, in return, thrashed the inmate after which the second inmate began a fight with him.
Vaghala lodged a case of assault against the two inmates at Ranip police station. The police said that after the formalities with the jail were over, the accused would be arrested and brought to police station for investigations.