2 sisters die after lightning strikes
- Arvind Kejriwal calls 'emergency' Assembly session to discuss Centre's notification on Lt Governor's role
- Celebrations in AIADMK camp as Jayalalithaa becomes Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- No full statehood rights to Delhi unless there is consensus, says Arun Jaitley
- Gujjar protest to continue as talks with Rajasthan govt fail
- Heat wave toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana reaches 223
Two sisters died due to lighting, while they were watching television at their house in Sheron village, Tarn Taran district, on Thursday morning.
"Malkit Kaur (7) and Harpreet Kaur (5) were watching television with their brother Vishal Singh (10), who sustained injuries, when lighting struck at 11am. The lightning travelled through the TV antenna wire, gave a lethal shock to the children, killing the girls on the spot," said Tarn Taran Deputy Commissioner H S Pabla.
Deceased's father Dalbir Singh, who works as a daily wager, said he had not sent the children to school, due to the inclement weather.
The deputy commissioner added that the government will compensate the family for the death of the girls and bear the treatment expenses of the boy under the provisions of natural calamity.