2 SSB jawans suspended
- Rahul Gandhi brings up Narendra Modi's marital status at Doda rally
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Why should I condemn it, asks Deve Gowda on Mulayam Singh's 'rape' remark
- Congress rakes up Vajpayee's Rajdharma remark post 2002 Gujarat riots to take on Modi
- Those with blood on their hands should not speak about the country: Mamata
- After Mulayam's rape shocker, Abu Azmi suggests death for sex 'with or without consent'
The Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) has suspended two of its jawans who allegedly threw their colleagues' weapons off a train near Farrukhabad railway station on Monday night while returning from election duty in Gujarat. Surya Kumar, a resident of Assam, and Ratnakar Hazang, a resident of Meghalya, were suspended for throwing the weapons off the train in an inebriated state, said R S Negi, the commandant of SSB's Lakhimpur-based battalion where the jawans were posted.
Man dies after car catches fire
Lucknow: A man died of burn injuries after a car he was driving caught fire on the Lucknow-Sitapur road in Itaunja police station area of Lucknow on Friday evening. Itaunja station officer Vinod Kumar Yadav said police were trying to ascertain the identity of the person who had died. He said the Maruti 800 car which caught fire was registered in the name of one Vinod Rastogi, a resident of Thakurganj area. Police officials said the fire seems to have erupted after a short circuit inside the engine.
KVIC to assist entrepreneurs
Lucknow: The Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC), the nodal agency of Prime Minister Employment Generation Programme, will provide assistance to 200 identified entrepreneur in each district in 2013-14. The process of identification of these beneficiaries will be completed by March 2013 and the assistance will be provided within 100 days of selection of candidates in each district. The information was shared by K H Muniyappa, Minister of State for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises. He was in Lucknow for the foundation day celebrations of the Congress on Friday.