2 SSB jawans suspended
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's book by Rajiv Gandhi govt was wrong: Chidambaram
- Woman IPS officer transferred after spat with Haryana health minister
- Pakistan ready for talks with India without preconditions, says Nawaz Sharif: Report
- Cabinet expansion in Maharashtra sets pitch for lobbying in BJP
- Bhushans should join BJP, says AAP after criticism of Janlokpal
The Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) has suspended two of its jawans who allegedly threw their colleagues' weapons off a train near Farrukhabad railway station on Monday night while returning from election duty in Gujarat. Surya Kumar, a resident of Assam, and Ratnakar Hazang, a resident of Meghalya, were suspended for throwing the weapons off the train in an inebriated state, said R S Negi, the commandant of SSB's Lakhimpur-based battalion where the jawans were posted.
Man dies after car catches fire
Lucknow: A man died of burn injuries after a car he was driving caught fire on the Lucknow-Sitapur road in Itaunja police station area of Lucknow on Friday evening. Itaunja station officer Vinod Kumar Yadav said police were trying to ascertain the identity of the person who had died. He said the Maruti 800 car which caught fire was registered in the name of one Vinod Rastogi, a resident of Thakurganj area. Police officials said the fire seems to have erupted after a short circuit inside the engine.
KVIC to assist entrepreneurs
- True economic reform is one that makes a clean break from the past
- When Aamir chooses to talk about fears of Hindu intolerance, he does his faith a disservice
- Cricket is the only Indian religion in whose name people don’t kill each other
- There is a complaint about intolerance from those who frankly don’t like the change in govt
- Inside track: Changing tactics
- Good governance is in actions, not in 'abolishing' religious holidays of minorities