2 SSB jawans suspended
- Ghulam Ali's concert in Mumbai cancelled after Shiv Sena's threat
- PM Modi a sensitive person, don't judge him on social media posts: BJP on Dadri lynching
- Why President Mukherjee hit the right notes on core values of 'diversity', 'plurality' and 'tolerance'
- Barack Obama apologises for air strike on Kunduz hospital: White House
- Commercial vehicles entering Delhi to pay environmental tax: NGT
The Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) has suspended two of its jawans who allegedly threw their colleagues' weapons off a train near Farrukhabad railway station on Monday night while returning from election duty in Gujarat. Surya Kumar, a resident of Assam, and Ratnakar Hazang, a resident of Meghalya, were suspended for throwing the weapons off the train in an inebriated state, said R S Negi, the commandant of SSB's Lakhimpur-based battalion where the jawans were posted.
Man dies after car catches fire
Lucknow: A man died of burn injuries after a car he was driving caught fire on the Lucknow-Sitapur road in Itaunja police station area of Lucknow on Friday evening. Itaunja station officer Vinod Kumar Yadav said police were trying to ascertain the identity of the person who had died. He said the Maruti 800 car which caught fire was registered in the name of one Vinod Rastogi, a resident of Thakurganj area. Police officials said the fire seems to have erupted after a short circuit inside the engine.
KVIC to assist entrepreneurs