2 suspended SSB jawans arrested
- If Land Bill has anything against farmers, I'm ready to change it, says PM Modi
- Essar Leaks: ‘Guests are very important people... Kindly see they are comfortable’
- Mufti to head 25-member cabinet; PM to attend his swearing-in on Sunday
- Economic Survey pegs India's growth at over 8 percent, says inflation easing
- Rail budget missed the opportunity to lay out an agenda for the future, writes Nitish
Lucknow:The Government Railway Police (GRP) on Saturday arrested two suspended jawans of Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) - Surya Kumar and Ratnakar Hazang - for allegedly throwing their colleagues' weapons off the train near Farrukhabad while returning from election duty in Gujarat. Farrukhabad GRP station in-charge Vinod Kumar Mishra said the duo had been arrested on the charges of theft and sent to jail. Meanwhile, the team of SSB men searching for five missing weapons have recovered four weapons including one carbine gun and three INSAS rifles while they are searching for one INSAS rifle which is still missing, said SSB commandant RS Negi.
Finally, Sonbhadra gets new DM
Lucknow:The state government on Saturday posted Chandra Kant as the new District Magistrate (DM) of Sonbhadra. Chandra Kant is a 1980 batch PCS officer and has been recently promoted to IAS cadre. Presently he was posted as Chief Development Officer (CDO) Faizabad. The post of DM in Sonbhadra was lying vacant since September 22 after Suhas L Y was transferred while the charge was handed over to a junior official.