2 years on, MC yet to recruit engineers
- Malaysian plane crashes off Vietnam coast; 5 Indians on board
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
The candidates who applied for the post of Sub-divisional Engineers at the Municipal Corporation are complaining of how for the past two years, the civic body has not proceeded with the process.
In 2010, the MC had invited applications for appointing 15 SDEs. Of these, five were to be part of the Bridges and Roads Wing, one was to be in the Building Branch, seven in the Public Health Wing and two in the Electrical Wing. Application forms along with attested copies of certificates and a draft of Rs 500 were submitted.
The issue led to much controversy in the meeting of the General House. Following the ruckus, the recruitment process was withheld. The officials who had mooted the proposal for recruitment had stated that the concerned SDE of the respective ward is the only officer who is acting as a tool to provide field data and to materialize the site survey for estimation and approval of executions in the office for proper and timely execution and completion of development works. The office relies upon the efficiency of the concerned SDE.
The proposal had further stated that almost all the posts of SDEs are being manned by well experienced AEs/JEs having current duty charge of SDE resulting in a gap of field staff at lower level.
It was decided that a committee of the MC that was already working on making the recruitment rules would look into the rules for recruitment of SDEs. The posts and recruitment rules were approved by the Administration a few months ago but the civic body has not initiated the process of recruitment.
Sachin Sharma, the president of Youth Innovative Society stated that candidates applied two years ago completing all formalities, that there is no progress in the recruitment process and that it should be expedited because the future of the candidates is at stake.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today