2 youths held for recording, circulating obscene MMS
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Plea to vote for âsecular partyâ splits Bollywood
- âWe gave instant justice, todayâs youth canât stand up for their mothersâ
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Biggest phase of voting kicks off across 121 seats in 12 states
The Haryana Police on Thursday arrested two youths for recording and circulating an objectionable MMS of a 17-year-old girl from Poli village at Julana in Jind district.
The accused, identified as Sumit, a resident of Dorar village, and Praveen, a resident of Budha Khera village, are students of class 11 and 12, respectively and belong to farmers' families.
The police said the accused were not minors.
The incident took place on December 7. The girl lodged a complaint with the police on Wednesday, following which a case was registered at Julana police station against the two accused under provisions of the Indian Penal Code and Information Technology Act.
SHO Rajinder Singh said, "We have registered a case against Sumit and Praveen under Section 292 of the IPC and Section 67 of the IT Act. Both were arrested on Thursday and produced in the court; they have been remanded to judicial custody. The victim has alleged that they fabricated a MMS featuring her and then circulated it. They were blackmailing her on the basis of the MMS. We have recovered the MMS, which the accused had stored in the memory card of their phones. During their interrogation, they confessed that they had passed it on to a friend, who is absconding. We are searching for the third person, who is in possession of this objectionable MMS. As far as uploading it on the Internet is concerned, there is a possibility that either of these two or the third one who is at large had uploaded it."
Last year, a 30-yr-old woman was allegedly gangraped in Jind by three youths at gunpoint and the accused filmed the incident on their mobile phones and circulated it. In a similar incident, at Hisar's Dabra village, a woman was allegedly gangraped by a dozen youth, who recorded the incident and circulated the MMS.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18