2 youths held for recording, circulating obscene MMS
- After Fali Nariman, former SC judge questions Lokpal selection process
- TRS wonât merge, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
- Bihar: Flanked by Paswans, Narendra Modi sells âN(Development)Aâ
- Nitin Gadkari's âproposalâ for Raj Thackeray: Donât put up candidates for LS polls
- CBI to look into DLF high-rise plan near Rashtrapati Bhavan
The Haryana Police on Thursday arrested two youths for recording and circulating an objectionable MMS of a 17-year-old girl from Poli village at Julana in Jind district.
The accused, identified as Sumit, a resident of Dorar village, and Praveen, a resident of Budha Khera village, are students of class 11 and 12, respectively and belong to farmers' families.
The police said the accused were not minors.
The incident took place on December 7. The girl lodged a complaint with the police on Wednesday, following which a case was registered at Julana police station against the two accused under provisions of the Indian Penal Code and Information Technology Act.
SHO Rajinder Singh said, "We have registered a case against Sumit and Praveen under Section 292 of the IPC and Section 67 of the IT Act. Both were arrested on Thursday and produced in the court; they have been remanded to judicial custody. The victim has alleged that they fabricated a MMS featuring her and then circulated it. They were blackmailing her on the basis of the MMS. We have recovered the MMS, which the accused had stored in the memory card of their phones. During their interrogation, they confessed that they had passed it on to a friend, who is absconding. We are searching for the third person, who is in possession of this objectionable MMS. As far as uploading it on the Internet is concerned, there is a possibility that either of these two or the third one who is at large had uploaded it."
Last year, a 30-yr-old woman was allegedly gangraped in Jind by three youths at gunpoint and the accused filmed the incident on their mobile phones and circulated it. In a similar incident, at Hisar's Dabra village, a woman was allegedly gangraped by a dozen youth, who recorded the incident and circulated the MMS.
- Russia tightens grip in Crimea, West threatens ‘consequences’
- Heavy patrolling in Sector 23 after thief leaves daring note
- Difference of opinion between Patil and UT’s senior standing counsel led to his resignation
- Commissioner to look into shady land deals in 35 villages: High Court
- Class X maths exam easy for some, tough for others
- Panchkula MC approves budget of Rs 39 crore