20 fishermen assaulted by Sri Lankan naval personnel
- Memon’s lawyers move SC seeking stay on his execution, high drama outside CJI's house
- ISIS preparing to attack India, likely to spark Indo-US confrontation: report
- Afghan intelligence: Taliban leader Mullah Omar dead for more than 2 years
- Whistleblower Sanjiv Chaturvedi, Anshu Gupta win Magsaysay award
- Abdul Kalam's mortal remains arrive in his hometown Rameswaram
Twenty fishermen from Tamil Nadu were allegedly assaulted by Sri Lankan navalmen while they were fishing near Katchathivu islet early this morning, officials said. The navy personnel surrounded the fishermen's boats, allegedly beat them up and then took away the GPS equipment. They also cut the fishing nets and threw the catch into the sea, officials said. Katchathivu is an islet ceded by India to Sri Lanka in the 1970.