20 fishermen assaulted by Sri Lankan naval personnel
- Vasundhara Raje rubbishes allegations of favouring Lalit Modi, documents claim she testified for his immigration
- PM Modi extends best wishes to Nawaz Sharif for Ramzan
- EC suspends recognition of PA Sangma-led National People’s Party
- Sushma-Lalit row: Congress questions Modi's continued silence
- BJP not to announce CM candidate in Bihar, will contest on Modi's name
Twenty fishermen from Tamil Nadu were allegedly assaulted by Sri Lankan navalmen while they were fishing near Katchathivu islet early this morning, officials said. The navy personnel surrounded the fishermen's boats, allegedly beat them up and then took away the GPS equipment. They also cut the fishing nets and threw the catch into the sea, officials said. Katchathivu is an islet ceded by India to Sri Lanka in the 1970.