20 sand trolleys seized, drivers manage to flee
- India, Ireland share much in common, says Modi before leaving for US
- Volkswagen CEO Martin Winterkorn resigns amid emissions-rigging scandal
- Hardik Patel surfaces after mysterious disappearance, says he was abducted
- 2006 Mumbai train blasts: Prosecution seeks death penalty for 8 convicts
- Backward class candidates get lion's share in Nitish Kumar's list
Officials of mining department nabbed 20 tractor-trolleys of sand from Kutbewal village on Saturday night, but were unable to nab the drivers. This also posed another problem as officials tried to enlist the help of locals to drive the vehicles to the police station. However, fearing the sand mafia the locals refused to drive the trucks.
According to district mining officer, Mahesh Khanna, "The department confiscated around 20 trolleys loaded with sand, illegally dug from Satluj River. Only three of the trolleys were connected with tractors, while others were without tractor. The drivers were able to flee from the scene."