20 sand trolleys seized, drivers manage to flee
- Assam woman who attended Rahul event dies of burn injuries, police say she's not the one who kissed him
- Kaushambi to Kanpur: Arvind Kejriwal kicks off three-day UP yatra
- State Forest Dept guest house is police custody for Sahara chief Subrata Roy
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade
- Sorry to kill a great story, thereâs no Hercule Parrot
Officials of mining department nabbed 20 tractor-trolleys of sand from Kutbewal village on Saturday night, but were unable to nab the drivers. This also posed another problem as officials tried to enlist the help of locals to drive the vehicles to the police station. However, fearing the sand mafia the locals refused to drive the trucks.
According to district mining officer, Mahesh Khanna, "The department confiscated around 20 trolleys loaded with sand, illegally dug from Satluj River. Only three of the trolleys were connected with tractors, while others were without tractor. The drivers were able to flee from the scene."
"The department will register a case of illegal mining against the culprits," he added.