20 yrs and a shradh later, Saharanpur man found in Valley
- Mamata Banerjee govt saving those involved in Saradha scam: Rahul Gandhi
- Senior Pakistan journalist Hamid Mir shot at in Karachi
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- Gadkari says there's casteism in Bihar DNA then retracts by saying he meant 'political' DNA
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, DD vs KKR: Another poor start by KKR, lose openers early against DD
Kedar was in Srinagar's Psychiatric hospital for last 13 yrs
It is an emotional reunion for the Tripathis — Sham Sunder Tripathi is meeting his brother Kedar Tripathi even after the family performed his shradh. And they are meeting in Srinagar, hundreds of miles away from their home in Saharanpur.
A resident of Uttar Pradesh, Kedar was in Srinagar's Psychiatric hospital for the last 13 years. Believing him to be dead, the family had even stopped to search for him.
"He (Kedar) left home some 20 years ago after his subordinate was promoted instead of him," says Sham. "For a year, we searched for him everywhere but didn't get any information. Then we started to believe that he is dead and even offered his shradh."
This was not for the first time that Kedar had left without informing anyone. "We didn't lodge an FIR as we thought he might have gone somewhere and will come back soon. He had done so in the past too," Sham says.
The doctor says Kedar was brought there by police 13 years ago. He was suffering from Schizophrenia. "There was no clue about his family. Some weeks ago, he revealed his address, which helped the police locate his brother in Saharanpur," Dr Yuman says.