20,000 litres of extra neutral alcohol seized
- Indrani told ex-husband if Sheena dies, we share Peter’s fortune, says Police
- Patidar Protests: Gujarat braces for a funeral as Hardik Patel heads to Delhi today
- Govt plans to set up teams of experts to quickly react to ‘negative news’
- Uttarakhand, 2 years later: A reason to smile
- Inform me of your meetings with minister Prakash Javadekar: MoeF Secretary to team
2 held; tanker was transporting ENA worth over Rs 8 lakh to Goa from Haryana without permit
The state excise department on Sunday seized a tanker carrying 20,000 litres of extra neutral alcohol (ENA) — alcohol usually from molasses distilled thrice and having negligible impurities —for moving without required permits. The cost of the seized alcohol was pegged over Rs 8 lakh. The Goa-bound truck was coming from Haryana.
The excise team also arrested the tanker driver and cleaner.
A complaint in this case has been registered by sub-inspector D T Shewale, the flying squad of state excise department. Two transport managers and officials of three distilleries are wanted suspects.
The arrested suspects have been identified as Dineshkumar Gurjar (34) of Indore and cleaner Murli Gurjar (19) of Dhar in Madhya Pradesh. The excise team intercepted the tanker near Balewadi stadium on Katraj Dehu Road bypass of Mumbai-Bangalore highway on Sunday.