2012 Delhi gangrape: Girl's Nokia mobile phone recovered from accused, says witness
- You told us go to hell, says Supreme Court, sends Subrata Roy to jail
- Special circumstances forced govt to take ordinance route: Salman Khurshid
- Nitin Gadkari-Raj Thackeray closeness could 'affect' alliance, hints Shiv Sena
- TRS wonât merge, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
- Smith announces sudden retirement, says fortunate to have had many highs
The Nokia mobile phone said to belong to Delhi bus gangrape case girl was recovered from the house of one of the accused in the case, a prosecution witness today told a fast track court here.
The witness, a Delhi Police sub-inspector who was part of the police team that had accompanied accused Vinay Sharma and Pawan Gupta to their residences, also said a pair of bloodstained trousers and undergarments allegedly belonging to Pawan were recovered from his home.
The officer made the statement during is examination by the prosecution in the gangrape case being heard on a day-to-day basis by Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna.
The officer also told the court that a pair of leather shoes allegedly belonging to the victim's male friend was also recovered from Vinay's home.
"...he (Vinay) took out a polythene from a portion of the jhuggi... and from this polythene, accused took out one Nokia mobile phone model 3110. The IMEI of this mobile was checked.
This IMEI was tallying with the IMEI number of the victim.
".. accused Pawan led the police party to his jhuggi and from this jhuggi he took out his clothes which he was wearing at the time of the incident i.e. ... a Coca Cola colour pants with bloodstains, one brown bloodied underwear...," he said.
Meanwhile, Special Public Prosecutor Dayan Krishnan told the court today that lie detector test, even if volunteered by an accused, is inadmissible as evidence and added that he would tomorrow show a Supreme Court judgement in support of his contention.
Pawan, Vinay and four others, including a juvenile, had allegedly gangraped the 23-year-old victim in a moving bus here and the girl later died in a Singapore Hospital on December 29, 2012.
Akshay today submitted medical records of his ailing mother as part of an interim bail application filed earlier.
- Russia tightens grip in Crimea, West threatens ‘consequences’
- Heavy patrolling in Sector 23 after thief leaves daring note
- Difference of opinion between Patil and UT’s senior standing counsel led to his resignation
- Commissioner to look into shady land deals in 35 villages: High Court
- Class X maths exam easy for some, tough for others
- Panchkula MC approves budget of Rs 39 crore