2012 not a year that govt will like to remember: Anand Sharma
- Navjot Sidhu: Quit RS because I was told to stay away from Punjab
- Chinkara poaching case: Salman Khan acquitted by Rajasthan High Court
- SC issues notice to Vijay Mallya on bank plea seeking contempt proceedings
- Journalists' visa issue: Chinese media warns India of repercussions
- Parliament LIVE: Speaker Mahajan advises Mann not to attend proceedings till decision arrived at
"This is not a choice, or an option or a wish; it is absolutely an imperative and a priority for us because it has a social dimension," Sharma said.
Continuing its downward spiral for the fifth month in a row, exports contracted by 10.8 per cent in September to USD 23.69 billion, pushing the trade gap to a 16-month high of USD 18 billion.
However, imports grew by at a low pace of only 5 per cent after four months of decline to USD 41.77 billion from USD 39.75 billion a year ago.
For the cumulative April-September period, exports dipped by 6.79 per cent to USD 143.6 billion from USD 154.1 billion in the same period last year. Imports during the first half contracted by 4.36 per cent to USD 232.92 billion.
- BJP was not dependent on Dalits to win Gujarat. But the apathy may cost in other states
- Jayalalithaa and Mamata defend Mayawati, recast politics on gender lines
- The Worship of False Gods
- As Trump’s support cuts across traditional lines, Hillary Clinton has a tough task
- SH Raza He was the last of Progressive Artists’ Group titans. Only the Bindu remains
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food