2012 not a year that govt will like to remember: Anand Sharma
- 15 security personnel killed as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Malaysia military believes it has tracked missing jet over Strait of Malacca
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
"This is not a choice, or an option or a wish; it is absolutely an imperative and a priority for us because it has a social dimension," Sharma said.
Continuing its downward spiral for the fifth month in a row, exports contracted by 10.8 per cent in September to USD 23.69 billion, pushing the trade gap to a 16-month high of USD 18 billion.
However, imports grew by at a low pace of only 5 per cent after four months of decline to USD 41.77 billion from USD 39.75 billion a year ago.
For the cumulative April-September period, exports dipped by 6.79 per cent to USD 143.6 billion from USD 154.1 billion in the same period last year. Imports during the first half contracted by 4.36 per cent to USD 232.92 billion.
Trade deficit during the period stood at USD 89.25 billion from USD 89.39 billion in April-September 2011. Oil imports in September rose 30.74 per cent to USD 14.09 billion from USD 10.77 billion a year ago
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express