2012 saw 2-year extension to unfinished projects under JNNURM
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
The year also saw preparation of plans for Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) being accorded priority. These corridors are the Delhi-Sonipat-Panipat corridor, the
Delhi-Gurgaon-Rewari-Alwar and another one between Delhi- Ghaziabad and Meerut.
The ministry further cleared the decks for the Delhi government to regularise 917 unauthorised colonies during the year. Around 40 lakh residents in these colonies are likely to benefit from the regularisation which would entail government spending on civic infrastructure. The Delhi government had completed all the ground work for regularisation of the colonies.
The year also witnessed four technical committees of the Delhi Development Authority engaged in reviewing four broad areas of the Delhi Master Plan. Top public servants, town planners, urban designers and architects offered their views on the broad ideas that the improved Master Plan seeks to incorporate.
- Google’s mystery barge finds new home
- Allahabad, Phulpur Congress oppose ‘outsider’ nominees
- Bombay HC allows R-Infra to amend suit against AAP
- US job growth picks speed, weather cuts into hours worked
- As RBI readies to issue licences, old private banks in spotlight
- BJP writes to EC against dropping of sedition charges