2012 saw 2-year extension to unfinished projects under JNNURM
- Dallas shooting LIVE: 5 cops killed, suspect claims many bombs in vicinity
- 'Worst nightmare has happened': Dallas Mayor after horrific shooting
- Excessive force can't be used by Army or police even in AFSPA areas, rules Supreme Court
- Dallas shooting: How people on Twitter reacted
- Maharashtra: Fadnavis expands cabinet, 11 sworn-in, Uddhav skips
The year also saw preparation of plans for Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) being accorded priority. These corridors are the Delhi-Sonipat-Panipat corridor, the
Delhi-Gurgaon-Rewari-Alwar and another one between Delhi- Ghaziabad and Meerut.
The ministry further cleared the decks for the Delhi government to regularise 917 unauthorised colonies during the year. Around 40 lakh residents in these colonies are likely to benefit from the regularisation which would entail government spending on civic infrastructure. The Delhi government had completed all the ground work for regularisation of the colonies.
The year also witnessed four technical committees of the Delhi Development Authority engaged in reviewing four broad areas of the Delhi Master Plan. Top public servants, town planners, urban designers and architects offered their views on the broad ideas that the improved Master Plan seeks to incorporate.
- A note for Mr Prakash Javadekar
- Brexit vote shows democracy can defeat itself
- Founder of the Aligarh Muslim University wanted it to be a non-sectarian institution
- Retrogressive tendencies unleashed by the Emergency have gained an upper-hand
- PM Modi’s new team shows his capacity to think politically
- Across the Muslim world, Zakir Naik promotes religious prejudice, if not hatred