2012 saw 2-year extension to unfinished projects under JNNURM
- A person killing people with Quran in his hand is not Muslim, but a terrorist: Aamir Khan at #RNGAwards
- Dubai shuts down part of metro's green line over large fire
- Oceans, cyberworld should not become new theatres of contests: PM Modi
- Financial transactions motive behind Sheena's murder, CBI tells court
- J&K: Army jawan, three terrorists killed in separate encounters
The year also saw preparation of plans for Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) being accorded priority. These corridors are the Delhi-Sonipat-Panipat corridor, the
Delhi-Gurgaon-Rewari-Alwar and another one between Delhi- Ghaziabad and Meerut.
The ministry further cleared the decks for the Delhi government to regularise 917 unauthorised colonies during the year. Around 40 lakh residents in these colonies are likely to benefit from the regularisation which would entail government spending on civic infrastructure. The Delhi government had completed all the ground work for regularisation of the colonies.
The year also witnessed four technical committees of the Delhi Development Authority engaged in reviewing four broad areas of the Delhi Master Plan. Top public servants, town planners, urban designers and architects offered their views on the broad ideas that the improved Master Plan seeks to incorporate.
- Frequent promulgation of ordinances has more to do with managerial ethos
- Indian peacekeeping abroad: Samantha Power shows some deft diplomacy
- The needs of the time shape the character of the myth- Tipu Sultan
- Raja-Mandala: Japan’s counter to China’s silk road
- It started with Perumal
- Open channels of communication are vital for democracy and governance