2012 yearender: C'garh saw collector abduction, Sarkeguda encounter
- Rahul on leave before budget session, BJP says people have already sent Cong on long leave
- 21 more deaths due to swine flu, toll reaches 833
- Anna protests against Land Acquisition Bill in Delhi, lashes out at Modi govt
- Budget: Finance Minister may announce policy plans to combat blackmoney
- Land Acquisition Act "suitably refined": President Pranab Mukherjee
Controversies continued with the BJP government in Chhattisgarh coming under attack from the CAG for allocating coal blocks at "abnormally low" rates leading to a loss of over Rs 1,052.20 crore.
The CAG said the Centre in July 2007 allocated the Shankarpur coal block comprising Bhatgaon-II and Bhatgaon-II Extension to the Chhattisgarh Mineral Development Corp Ltd following which the company invited bids for commercial mining.
Several cases of unwanted womb removal operations came to the fore in June. The health department said doctors removed around 1,800 uterus illegally in the state since October 2010.
It also stated that most of the operations were carried out to make money under various insurance schemes such as the National Health Insurance Scheme. Taking a stringent action, nine doctors were suspended.
The first-ever mega trade event 'Global Investors Meet' was hosted by the the state in Naya Raipur, the new capital on November 2-3 during the state foundation ceremony celebration.
The event which aimed to woo the investors in non-core sectors like IT and related areas, biotech, banking, food processing, herbal products and automobiles to the state, had witnessed participation of more than 500 companies.