2012 yearender: Haryana remained in news mostly for wrong reasons
- TDP and BJP set to part ways; both may field candidates on all Seemandhra seats
- PMO says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- Kumar Vishwas claims threat to life, to file FIR against Rahul and Priyanka
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- 2 States movie review: Alia Bhatt is a surprise
Shooter Gagan Narang and shuttler Saina Nehwal, who have their roots in Haryana, also won bronze medals at the Olympics. The four medal winning players were honoured by the state government with cash awards amounting to over Rs 6 crore, besides being showered with luxury cars and other expensive gifts.
In December, senior INLD leader Abhay Chautala took over as Indian Olympic Association (IOA) president at the culmination of a controversy marred election feud with IOA Secretary General Randhir Singh and his team.
The Census 2011 data for Haryana, whose figures were released by the state government this year, showed that about 96 per cent of households are living in good or livable houses with only 4 per cent of the households, that is 2,09,270 are living in dilapidated houses.
In April, Hooda laid the foundation stones of six major industrial units in the Industrial Model Township at Kheri Saad village in Rohtak district including those of the Maruti Suzuki India Ltd, Suzuki Motorcycle India Private Limited, Nippon Carbide, Sabarkantha Cooperative - a unit of Amul Dairy, involving a total investment of Rs 3,411 crore.
Former Haryana DGP SPS Rathore, who was last year sentenced in teenaged girl Ruchika molestation case and after spending a few months in prison was released on bail, was in the news again in June when he paid the highest amount of Rs 9,05,001 for a fancy number for the new Mercedes brought by him for his lawyer wife.
In May, Shena Aggarwal, a resident of non-descript town Yamunanagar in Haryana, topped the UPSC civil services examination.
Towards May end, the closure of Haryana's two thermal power plants generating 1,200 MW of power because of technical snag caused massive power shortage in the state, leading to unscheduled load shedding.
In May, the construction of second campus of All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) began, with Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad and Hooda laying the foundation stone of AIIMS Outreach OPD at village Badhsa in Jhajjar.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer