2012 yearender: Key moments from the world of sports
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Here are the key moments from the world of sports in 2012.
January 28 – Victoria Azarenka becomes the first Belarusian to win a grand slam singles title in tennis by claiming the Australian Open.
January 29 – Novak Djokovic won his third Australian Open, beating Rafa Nadal 5-7 6-4 6-2 6-7 7-5 in a five hour 53 minute slugfest, the longest tennis grand slam final played.
February 5 – The New York Giants win the greatest prize in North American sports for the second time in four years with a nail-biting 21-17 Super Bowl victory over the New England Patriots in Indianapolis.
March 17 – Wales beat France 16-9 in Cardiff to complete the Grand Slam and win rugby's Six Nations title for the third time in eight seasons.
April 8 – American golfer Bubba Watson beats South Africa's Louis Oosthuizen on the second extra hole to win the Masters at Augusta National.
May 5 – I'll Have Another, ridden by Mexican jockey Mario Gutierrez, wins the 138th Kentucky Derby at Churchill Downs before a record crowd of more than 165,000.
May 19 – London soccer club Chelsea beat German team Bayern Munich on penalties to win the European Champions League for the first time.
May 27 – Scotland's Dario Franchitti wins the 96th Indianapolis 500 and joins an elite band of drivers to win America's most famous race at least three times.
June 9 – Russia's Maria Sharapova wins the French Open tennis championship to become just the 10th woman to complete her collection of grand slam trophies.
June 11 – Rafa Nadal beats Novak Djokovic to win the French Open tennis championship for a record seventh time.
June 11 – The Los Angeles Kings win the Stanley Cup for the first time in the team's 45-year history by defeating the New Jersey Devils 4-2 in the best-of-seven National Hockey League championship.
- â€˜Someone should remind the CM weâ€™re also aam aadmi. But theyâ€™ve turned us intoÂ demonsâ€™
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun