20-year-old woman immolates herself
- Dadri: Outrage after mob lynches man for allegedly consuming beef
- At United Nations, Pak PM Sharif plays his old tune on Kashmir
- 2006 Mumbai train blasts: Death sentence for 5 convicts, life for 7
- Modi's foreign visits need to be backed up with action on ground: Rajan
- Diesel rates up by 50 paise from midnight tonight, no change in petrol price
Twenty-year-old Daljit Kaur, a resident of Aman Nagar, on Tuesday immolated herself by pouring kerosene oil while she was in the bathroom. Police did not find any suicide note.
The woman was a BCA third year student and was studying through distance education. SHO Jatinderjeet Singh said that he would be going to her distance education centre on Wednesday to enquire about her performance in studies.
However, her parents said that she was weak in studies.
Manjit Singh, the father of Daljit, said that they had shifted from Mumbai two years back and had two daughters and a son. The parents had gone to attend a bhog ceremony and Daljit was at home with her younger brother and grandmother. According to the statement of the younger son, Daljit had asked for kerosene oil for cleaning the bathroom floor which was very dirty. However, soon thereafter, she had set herself on fire and was found dead in the bathroom itself.