21 candidates file nominations in Tripura
- Delhi: Multi-vehicle pileup on NH-1 leaves at least five dead
- Siachen avalanche: Air pocket under 35 ft of snow kept Lance Naik Hanumanthappa alive
- Facts dispute claims by banks: write-off gallops, recovery crawls
- Upset allies Akali Dal and Shiv Sena let BJP know: Keep us in loop
- David Headley deposition adjourned for the day following technical glitch
A total 21 candidates, including three ministers of the ruling Left Front, on Tuesday filed their nominations for the February 14 Assembly polls in Tripura.
No candidate had filed his papers on the first day of nominations yesterday.
According to official sources, 18 candidates from CPI(M), one each from CPI and RSP and one independent candidate filed their nominations during the day.
Prominent among them were Information and Culture minister Anil Sarkar, Forest and Industries minister Jiten Chowdury, Tribal Welfare Minister Aghore Debbarma and Minister for Jail Manindra Reang, sources said.
Sarkar, who has been a member of the Assembly since 1972 was the senior-most among the contestants.