21 kg opium worth Rs 21 lakh recovered
- LIVE: Rahul Gandhi returns to Delhi from sabbatical
- The two critical by-poll results which were overlooked
- 80 crore youth, 160 crore strong hands. What can we not achieve?
- Corporate war between media house, operator confounding net neutrality debate: TRAI chief Rahul Khullar
- Military institute student to son of ex-judge, Islamic State taps Dhaka gen-next
Police late on Tuesday recovered 21 kg opium worth Rs 21 lakh from a property dealer at a check point outside hotel Zoom at RK Road.
Addressing a press conference, Police Commissioner, Paramjit Singh Gill said that the accused, Manjit Singh resident of Dashmesh Nagar in Shimlapuri, smuggled the opium from a dhabha owner in Mansor, UP.
He used to sell it to his customers all over Punjab. A case has been registered with division number 6 police post under relevant Sections of the NDPS act.