21 kg opium worth Rs 21 lakh recovered
- Nitish Kumar's JD(U) recognised as principal opposition party in Bihar, BJP protests
- SC extends Setalvad's interim bail and asks her lawyer Kapil Sibal not to 'act smart'
- Aero India Show: Stunt planes collide in mid-air, pilots safe
- Swine flu deaths soar to 663, number of cases cross 10,000
- Maratha Mandir brings down curtains on Shah Rukh Khan's DDLJ
Police late on Tuesday recovered 21 kg opium worth Rs 21 lakh from a property dealer at a check point outside hotel Zoom at RK Road.
Addressing a press conference, Police Commissioner, Paramjit Singh Gill said that the accused, Manjit Singh resident of Dashmesh Nagar in Shimlapuri, smuggled the opium from a dhabha owner in Mansor, UP.
He used to sell it to his customers all over Punjab. A case has been registered with division number 6 police post under relevant Sections of the NDPS act.