21 kg opium worth Rs 21 lakh recovered
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
Police late on Tuesday recovered 21 kg opium worth Rs 21 lakh from a property dealer at a check point outside hotel Zoom at RK Road.
Addressing a press conference, Police Commissioner, Paramjit Singh Gill said that the accused, Manjit Singh resident of Dashmesh Nagar in Shimlapuri, smuggled the opium from a dhabha owner in Mansor, UP.
He used to sell it to his customers all over Punjab. A case has been registered with division number 6 police post under relevant Sections of the NDPS act.