21-year-old held for raping Class II student
- All attempts being made to free soldier in Pakistan captivity: Rajnath Singh
- SC cancels Mohammad Shahabuddin's bail, orders police to take him into custody
- Congress and I stand by PM Narendra Modi: Rahul Gandhi on surgical strikes
- Bihar liquor ban: Patna HC strikes down govt's prohibition law, terms it 'illegal'
- LIVE: PM Modi calls second Cabinet Committee on Security meet
The Bhosari police on Monday arrested a youth for allegedly raping an eight-year-old girl, who is a student of Class II in a local school. The suspect has been identified as Ramprakash Yadav (21), a resident of Khandoba Mal, Bhosari, and a native of Uttar Pradesh.
Police said the girl had come to her aunt's house in Yadav's neighbourhood. On February 14, they said, Yadav allegedly lured the girl to his room on the promise of giving her chocolates. He allegedly raped the girl there and then threatened to kill her if she revealed the incident to anyone.
The girl did not tell anything to her family members initially but she started feeling unwell soon and looked nervous. She finally revealed the incident to her mother on Sunday. Her parents then lodged a complaint against Yadav at the Bhosari police station on Monday morning. Yadav has been booked under Section 376 of the IPC and other Sections of the Prevention of Children from Sexual Offences Act.
- The emergence of Akhilesh Yadav as a popular leader is an indicator of the same-old in the SP
- Poverty caused by expenditure on health has doubled in India in the past 15 years
- India’s aggressive response to Nawaz Sharif’s lies at the UN was a clear indicator of the things to come
- Let’s not allow debate about what it means to be Indian to be held hostage to jingoists and bigots
- People, policymakers can be led by subtly influencing their choice architecture
- Edit - Defining moment