22 new faces enter House
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The Himachal Pradesh Assembly election results declared on Thursday saw 22 candidates, including five independents, making their maiden entry into the House.
Those who made it to the House for the first time on Congress ticket included two-time Lok Sabha MP Dhani Ram Shandil (Solan constituency), Ajay Mahajan (Nurpur), Mohan Lal Brakta (Rohru), Kishori Lal (Baijnath), Ram Kumar (Doon), Vinay Kumar (Sri Renukaji) and Ravi Thakur(Lahaul and Spiti).
Sanjay Rattan (Jwalmukhi), Inder Dutt (Badsar), Bumbar Thakur (Bilaspur), Yadvendra Goma (Jaisinghpur), Aniruddh Singh (Kusumpti) also ensured an entry on Congress ticket as first-timers.
Baldev Singh Tomar (Shillai), Vinod Kumar (Nachan), Suresh Kumar(Pachhad), Vikram Jaryal (Bhatiyyat) and Hansraj (Churah) made their maiden entry into the Assembly as BJP candidates.
Five independents — Karnesh Jung (Paonta Sahib), Balbir Singh Verma (Chopal), Pawan Kazal (Kangra), Rajinder Singh Rana (Sujanpur) and Monahar Dhiman — also won from their respective constituencies.
Virbhadra Singh and Vidya Stokes of Congress won for the eighth time.
Former HPCC president Kaul Singh is the only seventh-timer in the House, while Education Minister I D Dhiman, Transport Minister Mohinder Singh, Public Works Minister Gulab Singh and Sujan Singh Pathania won for the sixth time.