22 new faces enter House
- Siachen avalanche: Lance Naik Hanamanthappa passes away three days after miraculous rescue
- Dr RK Pachauri goes on leave as TERI Chancellor, won't attend March 7 convocation
- Ishrat Jahan's mother on Headley deposition: Ploy by those guilty to salvage their names
- Write-offs a scam, small loans rarely in it, says former RBI Deputy Governor
- David Headley received money from ISI, LeT and Dr Rana
The Himachal Pradesh Assembly election results declared on Thursday saw 22 candidates, including five independents, making their maiden entry into the House.
Those who made it to the House for the first time on Congress ticket included two-time Lok Sabha MP Dhani Ram Shandil (Solan constituency), Ajay Mahajan (Nurpur), Mohan Lal Brakta (Rohru), Kishori Lal (Baijnath), Ram Kumar (Doon), Vinay Kumar (Sri Renukaji) and Ravi Thakur(Lahaul and Spiti).
Sanjay Rattan (Jwalmukhi), Inder Dutt (Badsar), Bumbar Thakur (Bilaspur), Yadvendra Goma (Jaisinghpur), Aniruddh Singh (Kusumpti) also ensured an entry on Congress ticket as first-timers.
Baldev Singh Tomar (Shillai), Vinod Kumar (Nachan), Suresh Kumar(Pachhad), Vikram Jaryal (Bhatiyyat) and Hansraj (Churah) made their maiden entry into the Assembly as BJP candidates.
Five independents — Karnesh Jung (Paonta Sahib), Balbir Singh Verma (Chopal), Pawan Kazal (Kangra), Rajinder Singh Rana (Sujanpur) and Monahar Dhiman — also won from their respective constituencies.
Virbhadra Singh and Vidya Stokes of Congress won for the eighth time.