22 people dead and dozens injured at Allahabad railway station
- India, Ireland share much in common, says Modi before leaving for US
- Volkswagen CEO Martin Winterkorn resigns amid emissions-rigging scandal
- Hardik Patel surfaces after mysterious disappearance, says he was abducted
- 2006 Mumbai train blasts: Prosecution seeks death penalty for 8 convicts
- Backward class candidates get lion's share in Nitish Kumar's list
At least 22 people were feared dead and dozens more were injured Sunday after a stampede broke out at Allahabad railway station. Over four crore devotees had gathered for Mauni Amavasya.
The stampede broke out after a footbridge at the station collapsed late today and said at least 10 people were feared dead. CNN-IBN news channel said at least 20 were feared dead.
There was no immediate confirmation from any local officials.