22 people dead and dozens injured at Allahabad railway station
- J&K crisis: Governor asks PDP, BJP to clarify stand on govt formation
- Inexcusable: Delhi Police brutally assault student protesters outside RSS HQs
- Andhra quota stir takes violent turn, train set on fire
- MS Dhoni's 'great speech' to team after whitewash: ‘Don’t slip from here’
- Is Gujarat not part of India? SC questions failure in implementing MNREGA, Food Act
At least 22 people were feared dead and dozens more were injured Sunday after a stampede broke out at Allahabad railway station. Over four crore devotees had gathered for Mauni Amavasya.
The stampede broke out after a footbridge at the station collapsed late today and said at least 10 people were feared dead. CNN-IBN news channel said at least 20 were feared dead.
There was no immediate confirmation from any local officials.
- The problem in Arunachal is as much about politics as about institutional norms
- The public university is becoming insecure, narrow-minded and conservative
- Building on the Jan Dhan framework, India should move from price to income support
- Haryana panchayat poll outcome does not reflect the state’s social composition
- India’s education system is terribly out of step with the times
- China is not India’s sibling, nor is China India’s nemesis