22 PGI profs promoted
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
The Standing Selection Committee of the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh on Monday decided to promote 22 professors of the institute to the level of senior professors.
According to PGI sources, the decision was taken in the meeting held on Monday, which was chaired by Dr VM Katoch, who is the chairman of the PGIMER Standing Selection Committee.
Some of those who were promoted to the level of senior professor included Dr Arvind Rajwanshi, head, department of cytology, Dr SN Mathuriya, head, neurosurgery, Dr Meera Sharma, head, medical microbiology, Dr Suneet Singhi, head, pediatrics and Dr YK Chawla, director of the institute and head, department of hepatology, Dr KL Khanduja, head, biophysics, Dr Pratibha Singha, professor, pediatrics, Dr KD Gill, biochemistry, Dr AJ Kanwar, head, dermatology and Dr Rajinder Singh, head, general surgery.