22 PGI profs promoted
- Parliament has become an area of combat, says President Mukherjee in I-Day eve address
- Security heightened in all state capitals and major cities ahead of Independence Day
- Little possibility of GST rolling out from April 2016: Piyush Goyal
- Rahul disapproves of police action against OROP protesters
- 'Godwoman' Radhe Maa faces criminal case in Ludhiana for 'hurting religious sentiments'
The Standing Selection Committee of the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh on Monday decided to promote 22 professors of the institute to the level of senior professors.
According to PGI sources, the decision was taken in the meeting held on Monday, which was chaired by Dr VM Katoch, who is the chairman of the PGIMER Standing Selection Committee.
Some of those who were promoted to the level of senior professor included Dr Arvind Rajwanshi, head, department of cytology, Dr SN Mathuriya, head, neurosurgery, Dr Meera Sharma, head, medical microbiology, Dr Suneet Singhi, head, pediatrics and Dr YK Chawla, director of the institute and head, department of hepatology, Dr KL Khanduja, head, biophysics, Dr Pratibha Singha, professor, pediatrics, Dr KD Gill, biochemistry, Dr AJ Kanwar, head, dermatology and Dr Rajinder Singh, head, general surgery.