22-year-old claims PSI raped her
- Naxal threat has to be quashed with a firm hand, says Pranab, as Maoists kill 16 in Chhattisgarh ambush
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to the west coast
- AAP defends Rs 20,000 per person dinner with Kejriwal, says it was transparent
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
A police sub-inspector (PSI) was booked Thursday for allegedly raping a 22-year-old Chembur woman. The woman has lodged a police complaint that the cop had intercourse with her promising marriage.
Police said the woman lost her cellphone in Chembur last June and lodged a complaint. She allegedly gave her contact number to Chembur police.
Sub-inspector Sachin Dabholkar stayed in touch with her and even went to her residence in RCF late one night.
"The woman approached us last week and made some allegations against Dabholkar but denied a sexual relation. We registered a non-cognisable complaint. Four days later, she returned to the police station to say he had sex with her between July and August last year, promising marriage. We registered a case of rape Thursday evening," said Dilip Yadav, senior inspector, RCF police station.
Police have subjected the woman to medical tests and are awaiting reports. Dabholkar, however, claimed the woman would repeatedly call him and he once went to her place to tell her to leave him alone.
"We have sought call data records of both, which will give us their locations from July to August," Yadav said.
Addl CP (east region) Quaiser Khaleed said: "We will let the investigation take its course before considering departmental action. The woman has made a lot of flip-flops and her allegations need to be verified."
- School kids ‘adopt’ spotted deer at Sanjay Gandhi National Park
- Jain trust gets HC caveat to ordain minor as sadhu
- Time to help Zaheer make the decision: Prasad
- BMC in a ‘tearing’ hurry as poll code kicks in
- Two men shot at in Tilak Nagar, different versions puzzle police
- Shami makes most of lively wicket
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express