22-yr-old found hanging; police say suicide, family cries foul
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- Kumar Vishwas files application alleging threat to life from Rahul and Priyanka
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- 2 States movie review: Alia Bhatt is a surprise
A 22-year-old vegetable vendor was found dead under mysterious circumstances on Tuesday at his residence in Sector 49. While the police claimed that the deceased, Rupinder, had committed suicide, his family is suspecting foul play as he had an affair with his friend's sister, who refused to marry him.
Some of Rupinder's neighbours claimed that his hands were tied behind his back when his body was found by his sister-in-law in the morning. The police officials, however, said that the rope was only wrapped on one hand and that his hands were not tied.
Rupinder lived with his wife and elder brother, along with his friend Ravi the Sector 49 house. He had returned from Delhi about a year ago. Both Rupinder and Ravi were working together.
Some of his neighbors told Newsline that Rupinder had left house the previous evening to visit a relative in Sector 38. No one saw him coming back after that.
According to Sub-Inspector Satbir Singh, police post in-charge, Sector 49, Rupinder was in a relationship with Ravi's sister, who had refused to marry him the previous evening.
"After Rupinder's paramour refused to marry him, he went to the vacant room in his house and hung himself from the ceiling fan. A suicide note was found in which he stated that he was responsible for taking his life", SI Satbir Singh said.
Police have detained Ravi, his sister and other family member's of Ravi for questioning. "We have recorded the statements and are investigating the case. His parents, who live in Delhi, have been informed. The post mortem examination will be conducted tomorrow, which will ascertain the cause of death," he added.
Station House Officer (SHO) Inspector Rajesh Shukla said, "Police had taken down body of the deceased after a team by Central Forensic Sciences Laboratory (CFSL) inspected the spot. It seems to be a case of suicide. But we have initiated proceedings under section 174 of Code of Criminal Procedure (CrPC)".
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer