23-year-old booked for suicide attempt
- Aurangabad arms haul case: MCOCA court convicts 12 including Abu Jundal
- Rajnath Singh to visit Pakistan in August, attend Saarc meet
- Indigo flight makes emergency landing in Mumbai after passenger creates ruckus
- Assam floods: Sonowal directs ministers to visit constituencies as situation worsens
- Bhagwant Mann: Didn't breach security, even TV channels broadcast from Parliament
Police said an alcoholic Parmeshwar Baliram Jadhav, a resident of Pimpri, was admitted to Yashwantrao Chavan Memorial Hospital for rehabilitation
Police have booked a 23-year-old man for allegedly trying to commit suicide by hurting himself with a broken liquor bottle in front of a police chowky in Pimpri.
Police said Parmeshwar Baliram Jadhav, a resident of Nehrunagar, Pimpri, was an alcoholic and had been admitted to Yashwantrao Chavan Memorial Hospital in Pimpri by his parents for rehabilitation.
He came out of the hospital on the pretext of having tea. However, instead of going to a tea shop he headed for a nearby toddy shop and bought a bottle of liquor.
After consuming the liquor, Jadhav stood in front of Sant Tukaram Nagar police chowky. He then broke the bottle
and stabbed himself in the stomach shouting loudly, "I don't want to live. I want to die", said the police.
Constable R G Bangar, who was standing in front of the chowky, overpowered Jadhav and took him back to the hospital.
- Irom Sharmila calling off her fast against the AFSPA reflects the state’s failure to engage
- Strengthen Centre-state relations by giving the Inter-State Council teeth
- The Patel agitation and Dalit unrest threaten BJP’s dominance in Gujarat
- The CAMPA Bill: Whose forests are these anyway?
- Arundhati Ghose will be remembered for her role in India’s nuclear diplomacy
- Nativist sentiments and a growing tendency towards looking inwards imperil globalisation