23-year-old booked for suicide attempt
- Ashutosh, Shazia Ilmi taken for questioning over clashes with BJP
- I am more qualified for PM post than Narendra Modi: Nitish Kumar
- Doctors in UP call off strike after Allahabad HC's intervention
- Ukraine crisis: Crimea sets referendum on whether to join Russia
- SC adjourns Centreâs plea restraining TN from releasing Rajiv killers till March 26
Police said an alcoholic Parmeshwar Baliram Jadhav, a resident of Pimpri, was admitted to Yashwantrao Chavan Memorial Hospital for rehabilitation
Police have booked a 23-year-old man for allegedly trying to commit suicide by hurting himself with a broken liquor bottle in front of a police chowky in Pimpri.
Police said Parmeshwar Baliram Jadhav, a resident of Nehrunagar, Pimpri, was an alcoholic and had been admitted to Yashwantrao Chavan Memorial Hospital in Pimpri by his parents for rehabilitation.
He came out of the hospital on the pretext of having tea. However, instead of going to a tea shop he headed for a nearby toddy shop and bought a bottle of liquor.
After consuming the liquor, Jadhav stood in front of Sant Tukaram Nagar police chowky. He then broke the bottle
and stabbed himself in the stomach shouting loudly, "I don't want to live. I want to die", said the police.
Constable R G Bangar, who was standing in front of the chowky, overpowered Jadhav and took him back to the hospital.
Police have booked Jadhav under Section 309 of the Indian Penal Code.