23-year-old Surat woman claims was gangraped by 12
- Pravin Togadia under fire over hate-speech, RSS says comments fabricated
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- Elections 2014 LIVE: BJP blocked Telangana Bill in Parliament, says Rahul Gandhi
A 23-year-old woman has alleged she was raped by 12 people in Pandesara area of Surat Tuesday night.
The woman, a mother of two, was brought to New Civil Hospital Wednesday for medical examination. Police said they were in the process of registering a complaint.
As per the version given to police by the woman, a resident of Khajurawadi in Muglisara, she was waiting for someone in Majuragate area Tuesday night when two youths approached her and forcibly took her along on a motorbike to Bamroli in Pandesara. They reached a room where two more youths were waiting. All four allegedly threatened and raped her, before allowing her to leave.
As the woman was returning home in an autorickshaw in the midnight, eight youths caught hold of her again and beat up the driver, before taking her along with them. According to the woman, she was again taken to a room in Bamroli area where she was raped by them. She was let off early Wednesday morning, when she phoned a friend at Bamroli and returned home with her. The woman later informed the police about the incident.
Police Commissioner Rakesh Ashtaana said, "We have sent the girl to a hospital for medical examination and started the procedure for registering a case. At present, it is difficult to say anything."
Woman raped, male friend beaten up in Mehsana
A 37-year-old widow was raped last night by two unidentified people even as her male friend was stripped and beaten up mercilessly, the police said on Wednesday.
An Unjha police official said the woman and the man were talking to each other sitting in a vehicle when the two men arrived on their two-wheeler and threatened the woman's colleague with a knife.
The duo then stripped the man and beat him up, the police said, adding one of the two assailants then tied the woman's hands and legs with her sari before both of them took turns to rape her.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota