23-yr-old gangraped inside Delhi bus, thrown out
- Proponents of Article 370 should say how it has helped J&K: Rajnath Singh
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- SC allows annual cap of 20m tonnes of iron ore mining in Goa
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Pt Channulal Mishra backs Modi but Bismillah's family won't
DCP Sharma said: "The woman and her friend purchased two tickets for Rs 10 each. They were in a hurry to reach home. As soon as the bus moved, the men inside had a verbal exchange with the woman's friend. There was a scuffle... The police control room was informed after the two had been dumped on the NH 8 stretch at Mahipalpur. We are working on a few leads. The place where the incident occurred is a well-lit place."
Police sources said that as soon as the two boarded the bus, the men asked the woman's friend why was he out so late with her. There was a scuffle and the men assaulted him. One of them hit him on the head with a rod while the others dragged away the woman and took turns to rape her. She was also tortured by the men who used blades and rods.
Police said the bus took two rounds of the Mahipalpur area near the airport and shows up in CCTV footage taken from hotels and a petrol pump.
The woman and her friend were later thrown out of the moving bus. A manager of DS Construction, the company that operates the Delhi-Gurgaon expressway, saw them on the road and alerted police at 10.22 pm. A police control room van, which reached the spot immediately, took them to hospital.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota