23-yr-old gangraped inside Delhi bus, thrown out
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
DCP Sharma said: "The woman and her friend purchased two tickets for Rs 10 each. They were in a hurry to reach home. As soon as the bus moved, the men inside had a verbal exchange with the woman's friend. There was a scuffle... The police control room was informed after the two had been dumped on the NH 8 stretch at Mahipalpur. We are working on a few leads. The place where the incident occurred is a well-lit place."
Police sources said that as soon as the two boarded the bus, the men asked the woman's friend why was he out so late with her. There was a scuffle and the men assaulted him. One of them hit him on the head with a rod while the others dragged away the woman and took turns to rape her. She was also tortured by the men who used blades and rods.
Police said the bus took two rounds of the Mahipalpur area near the airport and shows up in CCTV footage taken from hotels and a petrol pump.
The woman and her friend were later thrown out of the moving bus. A manager of DS Construction, the company that operates the Delhi-Gurgaon expressway, saw them on the road and alerted police at 10.22 pm. A police control room van, which reached the spot immediately, took them to hospital.