24 hours into her new job, SCERT chief removed ‘without reason’
- Not RSSâs job to chant âNamo, Namoâ, canât cross limits: Bhagwat
- Malaysia Airlines flight case: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
- DMK has room for Raja, Baalu, not for Alagiri
SP leader meets Mulayam, breaks down, gets sympathy but no explanation.
Last Friday, Samajwadi Party leader Surbhi Shukla was appointed chairperson of the State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT), with the status of minister of state, by the Akhilesh Yadav government. The very next day, however, she was unceremoniously removed for reasons which no one seems to know in the ruling party or the government.
On Monday, Shukla met party president Mulayam Singh Yadav at the party office and broke down. "Netaji, why did this happen? You appointed me and now I have been removed. No one is giving any reason, they say it has been done for a technical reason," she said, as the assembled party workers watched. Yadav consoled her saying: "I will look into the matter, don't worry."
The SCERT designs training modules, imparts training and organises refresher courses for primary teachers, undertakes textbook development, revision of curriculum, and also gives no-objection certificates to institutions for running basic training certificate course for teachers.
Shukla is an assistant professor in the Hindi department of Vidyant PG College in Lucknow. "I presented my case before Netaji with utmost regard. I am hopeful that a fresh order of my appointment will be issued soon. I have faith in his leadership," she told The Indian Express, adding: "I am in the party since 1994."
She also met Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav. "He told me things were clear at his end and he had appointed me. There must be some technical reason for withdrawing the order," she said.
On Friday, after getting her appointment letter, Shukla had visited the SP office and thanked everyone. She had met the party's state secretary SRS Yadav and requested him to issue a press note about her appointment, but this was not done.
- BJP Dalit leader mounts pressure on Kejriwal over AAP’s stand on reservation
- PGI gets 10 new glaucoma cases of kids every month
- Balongi: 4 more water samples fail; 3 kids among 4 new patients
- Kejriwal gave ‘misleading information’ about assets, complainant tells court
- Was told not to talk of Jaspal Bhatti… He was my husband, my motivation: Savita
- Delhi EC moots longer polling hours
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress