24 hours into her new job, SCERT chief removed ‘without reason’
- Mad rush, chaos as Arvind Kejriwal takes local train to woo 'aam aadmi' in Mumbai
- SC defers hearing on Sahara's plea on releasing Subrata Roy
- Presidential delay in mercy petitions: SC won't reconsider verdict
- Lalu loyalist-turned rebel Ram Kripal Yadav joins BJP
- IAF aircraft on standby for missing Malaysian Airlines search ops
SP leader meets Mulayam, breaks down, gets sympathy but no explanation.
Last Friday, Samajwadi Party leader Surbhi Shukla was appointed chairperson of the State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT), with the status of minister of state, by the Akhilesh Yadav government. The very next day, however, she was unceremoniously removed for reasons which no one seems to know in the ruling party or the government.
On Monday, Shukla met party president Mulayam Singh Yadav at the party office and broke down. "Netaji, why did this happen? You appointed me and now I have been removed. No one is giving any reason, they say it has been done for a technical reason," she said, as the assembled party workers watched. Yadav consoled her saying: "I will look into the matter, don't worry."
The SCERT designs training modules, imparts training and organises refresher courses for primary teachers, undertakes textbook development, revision of curriculum, and also gives no-objection certificates to institutions for running basic training certificate course for teachers.
Shukla is an assistant professor in the Hindi department of Vidyant PG College in Lucknow. "I presented my case before Netaji with utmost regard. I am hopeful that a fresh order of my appointment will be issued soon. I have faith in his leadership," she told The Indian Express, adding: "I am in the party since 1994."
She also met Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav. "He told me things were clear at his end and he had appointed me. There must be some technical reason for withdrawing the order," she said.
On Friday, after getting her appointment letter, Shukla had visited the SP office and thanked everyone. She had met the party's state secretary SRS Yadav and requested him to issue a press note about her appointment, but this was not done.
- Rs 1.28 lakh looted at gunpoint
- Venkaiah Naidu sure of BJP crossing ‘magic figure’ in south India
- AAP candidates truly ‘aam aadmi’: Prithvi Reddy
- Bangalore fund-raiser: Dine with Arvind Kejriwal for Rs 20,000
- AAP sounds Gul Panag about Lok Sabha poll, father says decision soon
- The real high and low: Drunk cop creates ruckus in court, held