24 hours into her new job, SCERT chief removed ‘without reason’
- Navjot Sidhu: Quit RS because I was told to stay away from Punjab
- Chinkara poaching case: Salman Khan acquitted by Rajasthan High Court
- SC issues notice to Vijay Mallya on bank plea seeking contempt proceedings
- Journalists' visa issue: Chinese media warns India of repercussions
- Parliament LIVE: Speaker Mahajan advises Mann not to attend proceedings till decision arrived at
"I had collected the appointment letter from Shambhu Singh Yadav, special secretary to CM, and taken charge. Now, things have changed," she remarked.
This is not the first time such a thing has happened with Shukla. During the Assembly elections last year, the SP had given her the ticket for Lambhua in Sultanpur district, only to change it; then named her again, and again dropped her. In fact, the candidate for Lambhua was changed nine times before Santosh Pandey was finally selected. At present, Shukla is national secretary of the Samajwadi Mahila Sabha, the SP women's wing.
- BJP was not dependent on Dalits to win Gujarat. But the apathy may cost in other states
- Jayalalithaa and Mamata defend Mayawati, recast politics on gender lines
- The Worship of False Gods
- As Trump’s support cuts across traditional lines, Hillary Clinton has a tough task
- SH Raza He was the last of Progressive Artists’ Group titans. Only the Bindu remains
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food