24 labourers injured in wall collapse in Vasai
- Day after Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi, Amit Shah condemns politics over surgical strikes
- Prohibition to stay in Bihar: SC stays Patna HC judgment setting aside liquor ban
- US says does not support declaring Pakistan a 'terrorist state'
- Talk on stage at Parrikar event: 200 killed, atom bomb vs atom bomb
- Hurricane Matthew: Haiti death toll rises to 339, deadly storm hits Florida
Twenty-four labourers, including women and minors, were injured Tuesday after a wall collapsed at a construction site they were working in Waliv's Bhavkalpada region in Vasai district.
The labourers were working at Rashid Compound Industrial Estate off the Mumbai-Ahmedabad National Highway No. 8 when the 20-feet brick wall inside an under-construction structure collapsed.
Fifteen of the injured are being treated at a hospital in Vasai while eight others were discharged after first aid, police said. A preliminary police probe has found that two business partners were constructing an illegal godown in the premises, where the wall collapsed.
- Revealing Elena Ferrante’s identity violates her desire for privacy
- Breakdown of LoC ceasefire will make it difficult for army to control infiltration
- Academic publishers suit shows how much they benefitted from intellectual commons
- Lack of unity has prevented Sindhi nationalists from pressuring Islamabad
- India must be prepared to deal with a disease that is growing globally
- Challenge for India’s leaders is to show that strength can be blended with subtlety & deftness