25 killed after truck carrying labourers overturns in Bihar's Aurangabad district
- Delhi High Court raps MCD for strike, says common people are suffering
- Delhi air will never be safe because of its geographical disadvantage: Panel tells High Court
- Tanzanian student targeted because she was black, says envoy
- Supreme Court tells BCCI: Fall in line, Lodha panel report deserves respect
- Adarsh scam: CBI gets Maha Governor's nod to prosecute Ashok Chavan
At least 25 people were killed and 10 others injured when a speeding truck overturned and fell into a roadside ditch near Titai Bigha village in Aurangabad district early on Thursday.
The truck, carrying 35 labourers, overturned on NH 139 before rolling into a roadside ditch in the early morning, Superintendent of Police Daljeet Singh said.
About 35 people were on board and 25 of them were killed when the vehicle overturned. Ten others were injured, he said.
The labourers, who had come to Aurangabad for harvesting crops, were returning to their native Lesiganj village in Daltonganj district bordering Jharkhand, Singh said.