25 killed after truck carrying labourers overturns in Bihar's Aurangabad district
- Pakistan court declares 26/11 accused Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi's detention void
- Chairs broken, MLAs faint in Kerala Assembly as Finance Minister KM Mani presents budget
- ‘Love jihad’ gets a Bengal reply: Bahu lao, Beti bachao, ‘purify’ Muslim brides
- Kolkata Park Street rape victim dies
- LIVE: PM Modi arrives in Sri Lanka; assures visa on arrival for Lankan nationals
At least 25 people were killed and 10 others injured when a speeding truck overturned and fell into a roadside ditch near Titai Bigha village in Aurangabad district early on Thursday.
The truck, carrying 35 labourers, overturned on NH 139 before rolling into a roadside ditch in the early morning, Superintendent of Police Daljeet Singh said.
About 35 people were on board and 25 of them were killed when the vehicle overturned. Ten others were injured, he said.
The labourers, who had come to Aurangabad for harvesting crops, were returning to their native Lesiganj village in Daltonganj district bordering Jharkhand, Singh said.
Senior civil and police officials have rushed to the spot.