25 killed after truck carrying labourers overturns in Bihar's Aurangabad district
- 15 security personnel killed as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Malaysia military believes it has tracked missing jet over Strait of Malacca
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
At least 25 people were killed and 10 others injured when a speeding truck overturned and fell into a roadside ditch near Titai Bigha village in Aurangabad district early on Thursday.
The truck, carrying 35 labourers, overturned on NH 139 before rolling into a roadside ditch in the early morning, Superintendent of Police Daljeet Singh said.
About 35 people were on board and 25 of them were killed when the vehicle overturned. Ten others were injured, he said.
The labourers, who had come to Aurangabad for harvesting crops, were returning to their native Lesiganj village in Daltonganj district bordering Jharkhand, Singh said.
Senior civil and police officials have rushed to the spot.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express