26/11 accused Fahim Ansari's lawyer Shahid Azmi shot dead
- Modi's appeal to the rich: 'Give up subsidised LPG'
- Distrust deepens, AAP countdown begins for easing out Yadav and Prashant Bhushan
- MS Dhoni: Smudged, but colour remains
- Maharashtra: First arrests made under new law banning beef trade
- Ribeiro an icon, I felt sad reading his piece, told the PM: Nitin Gadkari
26/11 accused Fahim Ansari's lawyer Shahid Azmi was on Thursday shot dead at his office in suburban Kurla, police said.
Four assailants barged into his office in Taxi Men colony in Kurla and shot two bullets into him at point blank range, they said.
He was rushed to Rajawadi Hospital in Ghatkopar where he was declared dead, they said.
The assailants fled from the scene after the incident, police said.
Shahid, who was nephew of Samajwadi Party leader and Govandi MLA Abu Asim Azmi, had also appeared as defence counsel for the accused in July 11 Mumbai local train blasts.