26/11 accused Fahim Ansari's lawyer Shahid Azmi shot dead
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
26/11 accused Fahim Ansari's lawyer Shahid Azmi was on Thursday shot dead at his office in suburban Kurla, police said.
Four assailants barged into his office in Taxi Men colony in Kurla and shot two bullets into him at point blank range, they said.
He was rushed to Rajawadi Hospital in Ghatkopar where he was declared dead, they said.
The assailants fled from the scene after the incident, police said.
Shahid, who was nephew of Samajwadi Party leader and Govandi MLA Abu Asim Azmi, had also appeared as defence counsel for the accused in July 11 Mumbai local train blasts.
- Opening up: Rahul Gandhi plans elections to pick CWC members too
- Telangana turmoil likely in Parliament; PM says opposition to bill are hiccups, BJP to take call as per â€˜situationâ€™
- Jan Lokpal Bill divides AAP and Cong, threatens Delhi govt
- LIVE: Narendra Modi addresses first rally in Mamataâ€™sÂ turf